Amsterdam Bureau Chief
Posted Oct 1, 2021 - Requisition No. 96020
With Amsterdam emerging as a leading trading hub post Brexit, your job as Dutch bureau chief is to shape our coverage of a core Bloomberg topic that is growing in importance by the day.
Along with digging in on the trading story, you’ll be our person on the ground chasing scoops on banks and fintechs ABN Amro, ING and Adyen; digging in on health technology behemoth Philips and chip equipment maker ASML; and chronicling the return to travel at KLM and one of Europe’s busiest airports.
You’ll also work closely with our government team and the Brussels Bureau to develop Dutch sources to help break news out of the European Union, and you’ll be following the twists and turns as the country tries to form a government.
In short, if you like chasing big stories with a lot of variety and being right in the mix with the reporting, then this position is for you. You'll also be working closely with managers around the region to ensure that our Dutch coverage is top notch and out front.
We need you to be:
- A total footballer with proven reporting skills who's willing to get down in the trenches
- A natural leader to steer the bureau out of the pandemic and through the return to office
- A skilled diplomat able to work with several teams and managers
- A natural ambassador for Bloomberg to companies, government ministries and economic institutions
- A strong writer and editor capable of adapting your style as needed
- Fluency in English, with Dutch skills a definite plus
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.