Bloomberg Compliance Officer - Amsterdam
Posted Dec 17, 2020 - Requisition No. 87819
Bloomberg’s Legal and Compliance Department plays a critical role in supporting our businesses and operations around the world. We move quickly and thoughtfully to help address a variety of complex issues that come with being the world’s leading financial news and information company.
Our team is made of up of talented and hardworking professionals who think creatively and work collaboratively in an open environment to deliver results, drive innovation, and solve difficult problems. Diversity and inclusion are essential to our success, and we strive to maintain an environment where our employees are empowered to make an impact. We also recognize the value and importance of giving back to our communities, as evidenced by our award-winning pro bono program!
We are looking for a person with strong financial markets Compliance experience to join Bloomberg's global group Compliance department. The role is based in Amsterdam, primarily focused on the two Bloomberg regulated entities in The Netherlands – Bloomberg Trading Facility BV and Bloomberg Data Reporting Services BV. BTF BV operates a multilateral trading facility (trading venue), and BDRS BV offers services for trade and transaction reporting as an authorised APA and ARM.
What’s the Role?
Within the EMEA Compliance function you will work as part of the Amsterdam Compliance team. The role will have a focus on the regulated activities approved in The Netherlands, in particular the operation of a multi-lateral trading facility (MTF), and the provision of trade and transaction reporting services under Bloomberg’s licenses to operate an Approved Reporting Mechanism (ARM) and an Approved Publication Arrangement (APA). The ideal candidate will have in-depth regulatory, and product, knowledge and experience with regards to trading services and asset classes such as fixed income, derivatives, and equities; be familiar with European rules and requirements, in particular MiFIR and MiFID2; and be able to implement compliance policies, governance and controls. Good communication and interpersonal skills are essential, together with the ability to work as part of a team, with a real drive to add value to the firm.
We’ll trust you to:
- Maintain relationships with the AFM and other regulatory authorities and respond effectively to all regulatory requests and enquiries
- Ensure all required notifications are made to the AFM and other regulators
- Provide Compliance oversight of the real-time and post-trade monitoring of trading activity on the trading venue to ensure integrity of the platform and capture abusive behaviour
- Provide Compliance oversight of the systems for identifying breaches of BTF BV's Rulebook and of responses to such breaches
- Establish, implement and maintain adequate policies and procedures sufficient to ensure compliance of BTF BV and its staff with their regulatory obligations and for countering the risk that BTF BV might be used to further financial crime
- Identify any deficiencies and report these to the relevant Management Board as soon as is practicable
- Review the regulatory environment and report to both the BDRS BV and BTF BV Management Board on all compliance matters
- Monitor changes to EU, Netherlands, AFM and other applicable financial services rules and regulations
- Advise and assist senior management, the relevant Management Boards and others responsible for carrying out regulated activities to comply with the regulatory obligations
- Train staff on anti-financial crime matters and Compliance matters, and ensure that staff members are familiar with BTF BV's anti-money laundering policies and procedures
- Where necessary, make reports to the Netherlands Financial Intelligence Unit
- Work closely with colleagues within the global Compliance team, developing and maintaining Bloomberg compliance standards
You’ll need to have:
- Experience in a legal, compliance or regulatory policy role
- Fluency in Dutch and English
- Strong knowledge of EU financial regulation related to financial markets, trading and reporting
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively work as part of a high-performing team
- High ethical standards
- No disqualifications that would prevent successful AFM screening (statutory or otherwise)
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.