Compliance Officer - Amsterdam
Posted Jul 9, 2018 - Requisition No. 68000
Bloomberg’s Legal Department plays a critical role in supporting our businesses and operations around the world. We move quickly and thoughtfully to help address a variety of complex legal issues that come with being the world’s leading financial news and information company. Our team is made of up of talented and hardworking professionals who think creatively and work collaboratively in an open environment to deliver results, drive innovation, and solve difficult problems. We recognize the value of diversity and inclusion and the importance of giving back to our communities as evidenced by our award-winning pro bono program.
This role is within Bloomberg's global group Compliance department and is a Compliance Officer role based in Amsterdam, reporting into the senior Compliance Officer in Amsterdam. The role will provide support to the senior compliance officer in terms of her/his responsibilities in relation to the two regulated entities in The Netherlands – BTFE (Bloomberg Trading Facility BV) and BDRS (Bloomberg Data Reporting Services BV). The role includes coverage and day-to-day compliance oversight and anti-money laundering function of the activities of BTFE which operates a multilateral trading facility (trading venue) under MiFID2 requirements, as well conducting the compliance function of BDRS BV, which offers services for trade and transaction reporting as an authorized APA and ARM.
We’ll trust you to:
- Provide support to the senior Compliance Officer responsible for BTFE and BDRS BV
- Provide support to the AML Reporting Officer (AMLRO) for BTFE
- Reviewing the regulatory environment and keep up to date on all compliance matters including market abuse matters
- Maintaining adequate compliance risk management policies and procedures and monitoring arrangements, including surveillance and reporting to the Authority for the Financial Markets (“AFM”) of potential market abuse on the MTF
- Overseeing the real-time and post-trade monitoring of trading activity on the platform to ensure integrity of the platform and capture abusive behaviour
- Oversight of the systems for identifying breaches of BTFE's Rulebook and of responses to such breaches
- Establishing, implementing and maintaining adequate policies and procedures sufficient to ensure compliance of BTFE and its staff with their regulatory obligations and for countering the risk that BTFE might be used to further financial crime
- Monitoring, on an ongoing basis, and assessing the adequacy and effectiveness of the measures, risk controls and procedures put in place
- Identifying any deficiencies and reporting these to the relevant Management Board as soon as is practicable
- Maintaining adequate records required for the operation of a Multilateral Trading Facility
- Monitoring changes to EU, Netherlands, AFM and other applicable financial services rules and regulation
- Advising and assisting staff and senior management, the relevant Management Boards and others responsible for carrying out regulated activities to comply with the regulatory obligations
- Maintaining relationships with the AFM and other regulatory authorities
- Ensuring all required notifications are made to the AFM
- Work closely with colleagues within the Global Compliance team, developing and maintaining Bloomberg compliance standards
You’ll need to have:
- At least 3 years* of experience in a legal, compliance or regulatory policy role
- Strong knowledge of EU financial regulation related to financial markets, trading and reporting
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Great attention to detail, high level of organisational skills and thorough.
- Familiarity with financial markets and products is preferred, e.g. Fixed Income, FX, Commodities, and Equities
- High ethical standards
- No disqualifications that would prevent successful AFM screening (statutory or otherwise)
- Dutch speaking strongly preferred
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.