Dutch Reporter - The Hague
Posted Jan 28, 2020 - Requisition No. 81005
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial, economic and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news about markets, governments and companies, enabling readers, viewers and listeners to stay ahead.
To bolster our political coverage in the Netherlands – with a focus covering the Dutch view on international matters – we are looking for a candidate to work for us in a part-time role. She or he has to be a self-starter and a tenacious reporter, with a strong network and the ability to get to the core of a story and produce breaking news under deadline pressure, producing stories that are clear and comprehensive
The successful candidate should be based in The Hague.
We'll trust you to:
- Understand the major stories and trends in The Hague and how they fit into the broader political story in Europe
- Build the contacts to break news, both on your own and working with our team of crack reporters across Europe
You'll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, with journalism experience in a real-time news environment, preferably covering politics
- An ability to write quickly, concisely and accurately under tight deadline pressure, producing clean copy
- Proficiency in Dutch and English is a necessity
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think this fits. If we agree and see a potential good match, we’ll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company -- we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.