Executive Office Manager
Posted Sep 17, 2018 - Requisition No. 70744
We’re Bloomberg. We sit at the heart of the financial markets, from the largest sell side institutions right through to the two person hedge fund - we’re an integral part of the financial markets workflow in every corner of the world. We provide our users with up to the millisecond market moves and analytics as well as connecting them with their counterparts and the wider community of 325,000 Bloomberg Terminal subscribers.
Bloomberg's Financial Products business is establishing 2 new businesses in the Netherlands to provide trading and reporting services to financial market professionals across Europe and globally.
What’s The Role:
This is a unique and exciting opportunity that offers the successful candidate the ability to shape their own role liaising with senior management, regulators and group functions. The successful individual will be experienced in handling a wide range of managerial, administrative and executive support-related tasks, as well as possess analytical skills, and should be able to work independently. The person in this role should have a strong interest in both finance and technology, be organized, detail oriented, and have a positive disposition. He or she will be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, often under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. A high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial in this role.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in an exciting and dynamic environment.
We’ll trust you to:
- Interacting daily with the Supervisory and Management Board members and assisting them with all tasks
- Arranging Board and executive meetings
- Minuting meetings
- Arranging events
- Liaising with government and regulators and other external stakeholders to ensure Bloomberg meets its regulatory obligations
- Managing documentation
- Performing general administrative duties including calendar maintenance, travel arrangements, and expense filings
- Gathering data and analysis including quarterly departmental metrics, monthly status reporting and ad hoc management reporting as required
You’ll Need To Have:
- Solid experience supporting senior executives in all areas of management
- Solid experience as an executive or team assistant at a senior level of an organization
- Fluent Dutch and English language
- Legal secretarial/company secretarial experience
- Bachelor's degree or similar qualification
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Demonstrated track record of understanding legal and regulatory obligations and meeting those
- Demonstrated track record of taking ownership of projects and leading initiatives to achieve desired outcomes
- Ability to work independently and effectively manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- A willingness to create your own role, an appetite for growth and resilience
We’d Love To See:
- Experience in any one of a number of areas: compliance, legal, company secretarial
- A strong desire to understand and learn about Bloomberg's financial technology business and financial sector clients
- Proficiency with the Bloomberg terminal
- Experience in financial services or technology industries
If That Sounds Like You:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.