We’re Bloomberg. We sit at the heart of the financial markets, from the largest sell side institutions right through to the two person hedge fund - we’re an integral part of the financial markets workflow in every corner of the world. We provide our users with up to the millisecond market moves and analytics as well as connecting them with their counterparts and the wider community of 325,000 Bloomberg Terminal subscribers.
Bloomberg's Financial Products business is establishing 2 new businesses in the Netherlands to provide trading and reporting services to financial market professionals across Europe and globally.
What’s the role:
This role will be a key part of the establishment of these new businesses. Working closely with The Chief Executive Officer (CEO), The Board, Senior Leadership Team, Business and function Heads, External Stakeholders (including Regulators, Auditors). The Risk Manager will have responsibility for:
Ensure the Governance, Risk and Control Frameworks are operating effectively
Maintain and update such frameworks as approved by the Board
Measure the Risk Frameworks against agreed risk appetite and tolerance levels
Compile, assess and report risk information to the CEO and the Board
Partner with Compliance to ensure control and process activities comply with relevant legislation and regulation
We’ll trust you to:
- Develop, manage and refine qualitative and quantitative risk reporting which meets the needs of the Board in support of effective decision making
- Work closely with the CEO, Risk Committee, other executive and non-executive committee members as well as senior managers across the business in shaping a high-achieving, well-controlled organisation
- Formulate and articulate coherent risk appetite and tolerance thresholds that can be capitalized using financial models
- Partner with Business and Technology to deliver efficiency and control improvements through process analysis, collaboration, design, and implementation
- Analyse functional and support gaps, identify risks, propose solutions, and manage execution
- Partner effectively with third parties, regulatory bodies and others, as appropriate and serve as a role model for high personal and corporate ethical values and standards of integrity
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree with a consistent track record of academic success.
- Recognized risk certification (i.e. PRM or FRM) preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of previous experience in enterprise risk, corporate governance, regulatory and operational risk, information and security risk, gained with a financial institution.
- Strong understanding of fundamentals of risk management, control assessment and/or control testing activities.
- Knowledge of the regulatory environment and key regulatory regimes, including basic understanding of EU and UK regulatory landscapes.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to influence and motivate others
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills, with the ability to analyse complex information
- Demonstrated success in managing projects across myriad organizational groups
- Success in managing third party vendors and outsourced services
- Strong financial services and products acumen
- Basic understanding of financial and strategic planning
We’d love to see:
- Previous experience working in a financial technology company
- Fluent Dutch language skills would be an advantage
If that sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.