2021 BloombergNEF Summer Internship, Beijing
Posted Feb 10, 2021 - Requisition No. 88753
BloombergNEF is seeking a talented, highly-motivated intern to join our research team in Beijing for a 10 week summer internship, starting June 2021. The successful candidate will undertake research and analysis relating to the transition towards a low-carbon economy, working alongside our specialists in energy, commodities, transport and industry.
We will trust you to:
- Conduct research on topics such as renewable energy, electric vehicles, energy storage, power markets, hydrogen, natural gas, oil and chemicals, digital technologies, metals and advanced materials.
- Perform a variety of analyses such as market sizing, policy/regulatory research and forecasting
- Speak with industry figures and BloombergNEF clients to gather information and opinions
- Publish written research on topics covered
You’ll need to have:
- Business fluency in English and Mandarin
- A demonstrable interest and enthusiasm for energy, commodities and low-carbon industries
- Excellent critical thinking, whether quantitative or qualitative
- Good communication skills: writing (for research projects) and speaking (for presentations). Written and spoken English must be excellent
- Ability to act as a self-starter, have a high work-rate and ability to work on parallel tasks with attention to detail
- Ability to derive information from public sources and in-person / telephone interviews
- Working knowledge of Excel and other MS Office applications
- Ability to commence a full-time role with us beginning in 2021 (post-internship) or 2022
- Availability to commit to the entire intern programme length (10 weeks from 18th June – 27th August 2021)
We’d love to see:
- An understanding of energy, policy, transport and/or environmental markets
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process.