2023 Data Summer Internship Programme, Beijing
Posted Oct 10, 2022 - Requisition No. 110162
Bloomberg runs on data, and data drives the market. Our Data team acquires and supplies this data to our clients. Teams work collaboratively to collect, analyse, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal - the data ultimately feeding and moving the financial markets.
As a Data Intern, you will have a passion for taking raw numbers and turning them into meaningful insights for the world's business and financial decision makers. You will have a natural eye for detail, an interest in the data that feeds the financial markets, and an appetite for understanding how technology can be used to enhance workflows, improve quality and expand coverage.
You will collect, clean and present data, which moves markets and empowers our clients to make the right decisions on the iconic Bloomberg Terminal. You will work with our analysts who provide unparalleled customer service, establish relationships with key market players in the financial industry, inspire news content, and revolutionize Data at Bloomberg!
What’s in it for you?
- Gain hands-on exposure to our systems, processes, clients and the financial markets
- Apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies and implement technology solutions to enhance our systems and current processes
- Discover how we maintain the standards of accuracy and timeliness for which our data is famous for
- Carry out real projects that have an exponential impact on our systems and clients
- Learn how we assist our clients with data-related queries
- Receive in-depth training in the areas of terminal navigation, computer scripting languages and professional development skills all from world-class professionals
- Be mentored by one of our experienced Analysts throughout the 10-week internship
- Gain feedback on how to continue to develop your skills and expertise
You’ll need to have:
- Strong passion for data, technology and finance
- Prior coursework or involvement within a field like Information Systems, Mathematics, Finance, Economics, or other applied sciences
- Fluency in English and Mandarin (Written & Verbal))
- Strong aptitude for problem solving and the drive to think creatively
- A demonstrable commitment to enhancing and developing products
We'd love to see:
- Recent work experience, internship or coursework in Finance, Business, Statistics, Engineering, Data Modelling or related discipline
- Experience in customer service or client relationship management
- Effective project management skills
- Enthusiasm and commitment to extracurricular activities and interests
You need to be:
- Currently enrolled in a university with a graduation date between November 2023 and September 2024
- Able to start full-time work by October 2024
- Available to work for the whole duration of 10 weeks between 16 June to 25 August 2023
- At a minimum, we require that you are legally authorized to work full-time in mainland China and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloombergchina.com/company/
Please note this is a two-stage application process, following the submission of your candidate details you will receive an email with directions to complete an online assessment. Your application will not be complete until you have submitted the assessment.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.