We are seeking a talented, highly motivated individual to join our analysis team. You're one of those people who have a passion for clean energy, and you want to be at the forefront of this exciting industry. You naturally form original opinions, and you have an exceptional ability to communicate these to your audience. Your quantitative skills are strong, and you love to analyze critically complex subjects. Teamwork is important to you, and you are excited by the prospect of working with colleagues and clients from a diverse range of backgrounds.
You will be based in our Beijing office as part of the China regional analyst team, for Bloomberg New Energy Finance - the world's leading independent provider of analysis, tools, data and research to decision makers leading the future of energy. Our team of experts, spread across six continents, provides independent analysis and insight, working with the largest corporations across utilities and generation, oil & gas, equipment manufacturers, banking and finance, and government.
We'll trust you to:
- Become an expert on clean energy, power grid, and carbon technologies and business models in the Asia-Pacific region, working as an analyst within the China team
- Learn and write about clean energy (particularly wind) and grid technologies and innovation that are transforming China’s power industry
- Build and maintain data sets on Chinese clean energy companies and supply chains
- Understand the policy and regulatory drivers and implications of emerging technologies
- Deliver value to our clients across the globe, through reports, data sets and direct interaction
What's the role:
- Together with other team members, identify topics of interest to clients, conduct research, and produce written reports on the findings
- Build and maintain important data sets and forecasts
- Collaborate with a high degree of professionalism with colleagues and clients from different cultures and countries
- Develop and maintain a network of contacts in the industry in order to gather data and sense-check assumptions
- Contribute to one-off pieces of consultancy on specific topics
- Present your research at conferences and clearly communicate it to clients and prospects
You'll need to have:
- Interest in and enthusiasm for emerging technologies in the wind energy, carbon, and power grid industries
- A degree in sciences, engineering, economics or business
- Exceptional communication skills in English and Chinese (Mandarin): writing (for research reports), reading (to conduct research) and speaking (for presentations at conferences, to clients, or to the media).
- Confidence and accuracy conducting numerical analysis
- Ability to think critically and develop thoughtful opinions by cutting through the noise of data, extracting key patterns, applying skepticism to the claims of industry participants and asking insightful questions
- Natural aptitude for graphically presenting data and writing clearly and concisely
- Curiosity and the ability to quickly understand, distill and relate complex topics to non-specialist audiences
- Confidence conducting research calls and communicating with senior industry contacts and academics
- Excellent time management skills and confidence working on multiple projects at once
We'd love to see:
- Other Asian languages
- Post-graduate qualifications or professional experience in sciences, engineering or economics
- Experience in the renewable energy, oil and gas, carbon, and power industries
If this sounds like you:
Apply! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.