Bloomberg Intelligence Chinese Translator/Editor - Beijing (12 Month Contract)
Posted Jan 5, 2024 - Requisition No. 122436
Bloomberg runs on data. Bloomberg Intelligence (BI) takes that data and creates insights into financial markets. Our experts generate valuable analysis, industry data and interactive charts available on the Bloomberg Terminal. Our work gives trading and investment professionals deep insight into where crucial industries stand today and where they may be heading next.
The BI team is looking for a Chinese translator/editor to join our team in Beijing. We’re looking for a dynamic individual who thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. You would be responsible for translating and editing analysis from BI as well as BloombergNEF and Bloomberg Economics, as we expand the reach of our research product in the Chinese-language market.
We'll trust you to have:
- Strong English to Chinese translation skills
- Minimum 3 years of experience in financial institutions
- Translating/editing experiences in global investment research including fixed income, equities and strategy
- Comprehensive knowledge of international financial markets
- Ability to learn and use various tools to perform translation and publishing tasks
- Strong organization skills, and ability to meet deadlines
- Able to work independently and also thrive in a team environment
We'd love to see:
- Experience in editing research written in Chinese
- Experience in using translation tools
- Relevant experience in a business news service
- Working knowledge of Bloomberg Professional service
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: www.bloombergchina.com
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.?
Contract will be administered by third-party vendor as a dispatched worker arrangement with Bloomberg.