Bloomberg NEF: China Future of Mobility Analyst - Beijing
Posted Sep 5, 2018 - Requisition No. 70166
We are seeking a highly-motivated, talented individual to join our Advanced Transport analyst team to undertake research and analysis on the future of mobility in China.
You’re someone with a keen interest in the transportation sector. You develop creative opinions through critical examination, and you love communicating these in both writing and speech. Your quantitative skills are strong, and you have a good eye for detail. Teamwork is important to you, and you are excited by the prospect of collaborating with colleagues and clients from a wide range of backgrounds.
Bloomberg NEF (BNEF) is a leading provider of primary research on clean energy, advanced transport, digital industry, innovative materials, and commodities.With a team of experts spread across six continents, BNEF leverages the world’s most sophisticated data sets to create clear perspectives and in-depth forecasts that frame the financial, economic and policy implications of industry-transforming trends and technologies.
Available online, on mobile and on the Terminal, BNEF is powered by Bloomberg’s global network of 19,000 employees in 176 locations, reporting 5,000 news stories a day. Visit https://about.bnef.com/ or request more information via https://about.bnef.com/contact .
BNEF Team Ethos:
To succeed at BNEF we need people who can work in an independent manner and show initiative to develop their own viewpoints, yet be collaborative with colleagues. We don’t rely on the status quo, we look for innovative yet pragmatic thinking that turns big ideas into real insights and impact. Working at BNEF sometimes feels chaotic; we need teams that are both dynamic and structured to generate the unique perspectives our clients really value. Our teams are diverse, creative, focused, and fun!
We'll trust you to:
- Conduct research on topics related to the future of mobility. Example of research topics include automakers’ strategies for new energy vehicles, business models for shared mobility services and policies affecting deployment of autonomous cars.
- Gather and organize data sets pertaining to these topics
- Publish written research on topics as above
- Do quantitative analysis, market sizing, policy/regulatory research and forecasting
- Speak with industry figures and BNEF clients to gather information and opinions
You'll need to have:
- Demonstrate an interest and enthusiasm for the transport sector
- Have excellent critical thinking and strong quantitative skills
- Have good communication skills: writing (for research projects) and speaking (for presentations). Excellent proficiency in written and spoken English and Chinese (Mandarin)
- Act as a self-starter, have a high work-rate and have the ability to work on parallel tasks with attention to detail
- Derive information from public sources and in-person / telephone interviews
- Have working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word and Powerpoint)
We'd love to see:
- A graduate degree in areas related to transportation or technology
- A background in sciences or engineering
If this sounds like you:
Apply. If we believe you're a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.