Bloomberg NEF: China Future of Mobility Intern
Posted Aug 8, 2018 - Requisition No. 68637
We are seeking a highly-motivated, talented individual to join our Advanced Transport analyst team to undertake research and analysis on the future of mobility in China.
You’re someone with a keen interest in the transportation sector. You develop original opinions through critical examination, and you enjoy communicating these in both writing and speech. Your quantitative skills are strong, and you have a good eye for detail. Teamwork is important to you, and you are excited by the prospect of collaborating with colleagues and clients from a wide range of backgrounds.
You will be working as part of a global research team at Bloomberg NEF (BNEF) – the world's leading independent provider of analysis, tools, data and research to decision makers leading change in the energy and transport sectors. Our data-driven research helps clients stay on top of developments across the industry, supported by the unique depth and breadth of the Bloomberg Terminal and bnef.com platforms.
We will trust you to:
- Conduct research on topics related to the future of mobility. Examples include automakers’ technology strategies for developing self-driving vehicles and policies affecting deployment of autonomous vehicles
- Gather and organise data sets pertaining to these topics
- Publish written research on topics as above
- Do quantitative analysis, market sizing, policy/regulatory research and forecasting
- Speak with industry figures and BNEF clients to gather information and opinions
We’ll need you to:
- Demonstrate an interest and enthusiasm for the transport sector
- Have excellent critical thinking and strong quantitative skills
- Have good communication skills: writing (for research projects) and speaking (for presentations). Written and spoken English and Chinese (Mandarin) must be excellent.
- Act as a self-starter, have a high work-rate and have the ability to work on parallel tasks with attention to detail
- Derive information from public sources and in-person / telephone interviews
- Have working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word and Powerpoint)
We would love you to have:
- A graduate degree in areas related to transportation or technology
- A background in sciences or engineering or economics, or finance