Bloomberg NEF: Onshore and Offshore Wind Analyst - Beijing
Posted Sep 21, 2018 - Requisition No. 70851
Bloomberg NEF (BNEF) is seeking a talented, highly motivated individual to join our wind analysis team in Beijing and write new research on the transformation of the wind energy sector. Specifically, you will undertake primary research and analysis on the offshore and onshore wind sector in China and help coordinate wind research in the wider Asia region.
You’re someone with a keen interest in energy. You develop original opinions through critical examination, and you enjoy communicating these in both writing and speech. Your quantitative skills are strong, and you have a good eye for detail. Teamwork is important to you, and you are excited by the prospect of collaborating with colleagues and clients from a wide range of backgrounds.
You will be based in our Beijing office, working as part of a global research team at Bloomberg NEF (BNEF) – the world's leading independent provider of analysis, tools, data and research to decision makers leading change in the energy system. Our data-driven research helps clients stay on top of developments across the energy sector, supported by the unique depth and breadth of the Bloomberg Terminal and bnef.com platforms.
What’s the role?
- You will join as an analyst covering the China market, with a focus on supply chain and technology in onshore and offshore wind. You will also help coordinate the wind research agenda in the wider Asia region.
- Together with the global wind energy team, you will identify topics of client interest and importance, conduct independent research, generate insightful findings, and produce written reports of publishable quality.
- Collaborate with a high degree of professionalism with colleagues and clients from different cultures and countries, in person and remotely.
- Develop an internal and external network of industry contacts in order to gather insights, identify trends and collect information. You will be working with colleagues and clients based around the world – periodic travel is expected.
We'll trust you to:
- Become an expert on the wind sector and the wider clean energy industry as the sector integrates.
- Research, analyze and write about the latest developments in the sector, including policy developments, technology trends, clean energy deployment, competitive analysis of key player strategies, and other relevant topics.
- Write and publish reports in English; conduct fundamental market analysis in Excel
- Explain your research to clients via email, telephone and in-person meetings
- Deliver presentations at industry events
- Build a reputation in industry for your insightful commentary and analysis of the sector
You'll need to have:
- Intellectual curiosity, interest in and enthusiasm for the energy industry; a desire to become a leading onshore and offshore wind expert.
- Exceptional communication skills in English and Chinese, including reading and writing to conduct research and present your views to clients
- Degree in a technical field, or a strong willingness to learn coupled with a quantitative background.
- Ability to think critically and develop thoughtful opinions by cutting through the noise of data, finding key patterns, applying judgment to the claims of industry participants and asking insightful questions.
- Ability to distill and communicate complex topics to non-specialist audiences.
- Good time management skills, initiative and ability to work on multiple projects at once.
We’d love to see:
- Previous sector experience in the wind industry.
- Additional languages
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg NEF Ethos:
To succeed at BNEF we need people who can work in an independent manner and show initiative to develop their own viewpoints, yet be collaborative with colleagues. We don’t rely on the status quo, we look for innovative yet pragmatic thinking that turns big ideas into real insights and impact. Working at BNEF sometimes feels chaotic; we need teams that are both dynamic and structured to generate the unique perspectives our clients really value. Our teams are diverse, creative, focused, and fun!