BloombergNEF China Analyst, Beijing
Posted Nov 16, 2022 - Requisition No. 111661
We are seeking a talented, highly motivated individual to join our China research team as an analyst based in Beijing. You're one of those people who have a real passion for energy markets, and you want to be at the forefront of this exciting industry. You naturally form original opinions, and you have an outstanding ability to communicate these to your audience. Your quantitative skills are strong, and you love to analyze critically complex subjects. Teamwork is important to you, and you are excited by the prospect of working with colleagues and clients from a diverse range of backgrounds.
You will be based in our Beijing office as part of the China research team, for BloombergNEF - the world's leading independent provider of analysis, tools, data and research to decision makers leading the future of energy. Our team of experts, spread across six continents, provides independent analysis and insight, working with the largest corporations across utilities and generation, oil & gas, equipment manufacturers, banking and finance, and government.
Available online, on mobile and on the Terminal, BNEF is powered by Bloomberg’s global network of 19,000 employees in 176 locations, reporting 5,000 news stories a day. Visit https://about.bnef.com/ or request more information via https://about.bnef.com/contact/.
BNEF Team Ethos:
To succeed at BNEF, we need people who can work in an independent manner and show initiative to develop their own viewpoints, yet be collaborative with colleagues. We don’t rely on the status quo, we look for innovative yet pragmatic thinking that turns big ideas into real insights and impact. Working at BNEF sometimes feels chaotic; we need teams that are both dynamic and structured to generate the unique perspectives our clients really value. Our teams are diverse, creative, focused, and fun!
What's the role?
You will be responsible for undertaking primary research and analysis on China's power sector, producing written reports, presentations, tools and other products. You will also be answering client requests and supporting business development through client interactions in English and Chinese (Mandarin).
We'll trust you to:
- Develop and implement market-driving products, data sets, forecasts, and tools
- Collaborate with a high degree of integrity with colleagues and clients from different cultures and countries
- Together with other team members, identify topics of interests to clients, conduct research, and report on the findings in a timely manner
- Help our customers truly get to grips with the landscape of energy transition in China
- Present your research at conferences and clearly communicate it to clients and prospects
- Analyse complex subjects both quantitatively and qualitatively, and make them understandable and relevant to a wide range of clients with different concerns
- Demonstrate excellent, well-practised quantitative skills
- Form creative opinions, graphically present data and write clearly and concisely
- Balance multiple parallel tasks, be highly organised and have rigorous attention to detail
- Collaborate in global team with a high degree of professionalism, and with colleagues and clients from different cultures
You'll need to have:
- Strong knowledge or demonstrated interest in the energy industry
- University degree in a scientific, engineering, economics or humanities discipline
- Communication skills in English and Chinese (Mandarin): writing (for research reports), reading (to conduct research) and speaking (for presentations at conferences, to clients, or to the media)
- Confidence and accuracy conducting numerical analysis and familiarity with data
We'd love to see:
- Internship and/or work experience (1~3 years) in the energy, commodities, finance industries
- Knowledge of power markets or decarbonization technologies and policies
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.