BloombergNEF: Chinese content editor (6 Months Contract)
Posted Jan 23, 2019 - Requisition No. 73049
BloombergNEF (BNEF) is a leading provider of primary research on clean energy, advanced transport, digital industry, innovative materials, and commodities.
With a team of experts spread across six continents, BNEF leverages the world’s most sophisticated data sets to create clear perspectives and in-depth forecasts that frame the financial, economic and policy implications of industry-transforming trends and technologies.
Available online, on mobile and on the Terminal, BNEF is powered by Bloomberg's global network of 19,000 employees in 176 locations, reporting 5,000 news stories a day. Visit https://about.bnef.com/ for more information.
BNEF Team Ethos:
To succeed at BNEF we need people who can work in an independent manner and show initiative to develop their own viewpoints, yet be collaborative with colleagues. We don’t rely on the status quo, we look for innovative yet pragmatic thinking that turns big ideas into real insights and impact. Working at BNEF sometimes feels chaotic; we need teams that are both dynamic and structured to generate the unique perspectives our clients really value. Our teams are diverse, creative, focused, and fun!
We are seeking a talented individual to join our China Analysis team in Beijing for a 6 month contract from January 2019. The individual will be responsible for translating our research content from English to Chinese and putting this content onto our various online platforms. The individual will also be editing work translated by our translation vendors to ensure technical accuracy and good writing quality. The work will require strong Chinese language skills and coordination with our translation vendors, product, research and commercial teams to ensure timely publication of our Chinese language content.
It is an excellent opportunity to gain knowledge and exposure to a growing industry and work with a highly dynamic and collaborative team. There will be a possibility to extend this contract beyond the 6 month period.
We'll trust you to:
- Translate BNEF written content from research pieces, press releases and online platforms from English to Chinese (Simplified).
- Edit Chinese material translated by our translation vendors to ensure technical accuracy and good writing quality. This may require you to speak to the vendors and the original authors to check for accuracy.
- Work closely with our translation vendors to ensure timely translations of material. Help develop their translation capabilities so that their work becomes more accurate and efficient in the future.
- Work closely with our product and commercial teams to ensure timely publication and output of our translated materials.
We'll need you to have:
- A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Native level Mandarin Chinese reading, writing and speaking ability
- Fluency in English
- Some previous experience working in an editorial role (newspaper, online magazine, research firm, etc.)
- Interest in energy, technology or finance
- Good organization skills and ability to multi-task
We'd love to see:
- 2-3 years experience working at an energy, technology or business related publication
- Excellent Chinese writing skills
To apply, please submit your CV and a writing sample in Chinese.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of thought and perspective in every form. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com.