Chief Asia Economist - Hong Kong
Posted Jan 19, 2018 - Requisition No. 64559
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company's strength - delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately - is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 315,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg's enterprise solutions build on the company's core strength, using technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively.
Through Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Government, Bloomberg New Energy Finance and Bloomberg BNA, the company provides data, news and analytics to decision makers in industries beyond finance. And Bloomberg News, delivered through the Bloomberg Professional service, television, radio, mobile, the Internet and three magazines, Bloomberg Businessweek, Bloomberg Markets and Bloomberg Pursuits, covers the world with more than 2,400 news and multimedia professionals at more than 150 bureaus in 73 countries. Headquartered in New York, Bloomberg employs more than 15,000 people in 192 locations around the world.
What's the role:
Bloomberg is seeking a Chief Asia Economist to join its economic research team. You will take the lead in analysis of China’s economy – working with the existing team of China economists, and lead the Asia research team. You will be able to produce insightful research on China ranging from speedy reactions to data and policy decisions to in-depth research on policy developments and financial risks. You will also provide effective leadership to the wider Asia economic research team, represent Bloomberg Economics in appearances at conferences, in the media, and with clients, weigh in on the big questions for the market on the future of China’s economy, and collaborate on projects with the broader Bloomberg Economics group – including working with journalists and editors.
You'd need to have:
- 10+ years of relevant experience in economic analysis, resulting in a proven expertise in analyzing China’s economic data, policy and structural issues
- Graduate degree or equivalent in economics, international economics, political science or related field
- Energy and initiative to provide a consistent flow of high-quality analysis, eschewing ideological or political points of view
- Ability to generate high-quality content across a variety of formats, ranging from rapid responses to economic data and events to longer-term research into major trends
- Enthusiasm to work collaboratively with economists across the global team, and on joint projects, adding value in work with the wider Bloomberg Economics group of journalists and editors
- Experience leading a high-performance research team
- Fluent in English and Chinese
- A combination of markets and policy experience and an understanding of other major Asian economies would be an advantage
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.