China Ad Sales Director
Posted Aug 9, 2019 - Requisition No. 76572
The Bloomberg Media Sales Team is responsible for achieving Bloomberg Media advertising revenue targets across multiple global media platforms including social, digital, television, print (Bloomberg Businessweek, Bloomberg Markets), live events and radio. We understand our partners' goals to create and manage advertising solutions to maximize revenue and achieve revenue goals. This role is focused on developing a range of new media sales revenue opportunities in the China market for Bloomberg Media.
Who we are looking for:
As a Senior Advertising Sales Manager, you should be creative, explore and implement innovative communication solutions by utilizing Bloomberg resources to provide optimal benefits for Bloomberg Media's clients. You will be our first Media Sales person based in China and as such you will need to be self-motivated, have an entrepreneurial outlook as we look to grow and be well organized and proactive to drive new media sales conversations.
Through your past experiences, you will come with deep understanding of the international media advertising landscape in China. You will be required to manage existing relationships, build a base of prospective clients & agencies and substantially lift the visibility of Bloomberg Media in the market.
You’re known to be a team player, at the same time possess leadership qualities and work collaboratively internally and externally to ensure both the client's and Bloomberg's priorities are met.
We’re seeking a professional who wears a can-do attitude, is hands-on in managing/leading projects (while being supported by regional sales support teams), initiating concepts and taking on additional sales responsibilities as and when reasonably required.
You'll need to have:
- 5 to 7+ years of advertising sales experience with proven track record, preferably within the regional media industry
- Self-motivated and proactive, collaborative yet able to work independently
- Significant and strong client relationships at all levels
- Track record of revenue growth
- Creative ideation that generates renewable and successful partnerships
- Coverage of the entire client and agency relationship at All levels
- Internal and external communication at a highly productive and seamless level
- Ability to prospect and develop new business
- Fluency and presentation skills in both English and Mandarin
Based in Bloomberg’s offices in Beijing/Shanghai you will be required to travel within China to seek out and manage clients and sales leads across China (excluding Shenzhen).
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
We are a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org