China Cars Reporter - Shanghai
Posted May 7, 2019 - Requisition No. 74996
Bloomberg News is seeking a self-motivated journalist to cover one of our most dynamic and visible beats in China: cars, automakers and the future of transport. You’ll work as part of Bloomberg’s Transport team to break market-moving news on car manufacturer and other auto-industry companies -- including battery makers and new energy vehicle startups -- in what is the world’s biggest and most influential car market.
We’re seeking an experienced reporter, preferably with a track record of writing about the automotive sector and companies. You’ll need to relish breaking news and be capable of both chasing scoops on the beat and tackling big-picture, feature stories that capture the unprecedented change taking place in China’s automotive world. We want someone who can zero in on compelling stories and tackle coverage in a way that engages with and is mindful of our wide and diverse global audience.
We’ll trust you to:
- Break news on automaker activities in China, battery companies, NEVs and the pivot to electrification
- Have (or demonstrate ability to develop) company, industry and market sources so that you can be first to break important news developments, report on the biggest themes of the day and generate compelling enterprise stories
- Generate and craft content, both short and long-form, that demonstrates a strong storytelling ability and understanding of what our readers are passionate about
- File copy that is accurate and insightful; and be adept at utilizing multiple formats, including graphics
- Collaborate closely with colleagues within the team, the region and across the globe
You will have:
- At least 3-5 years journalism experience
- Previous financial reporting experience, preferably covering companies
- The ability to report/write in a real-time news environment
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Strong written and spoken English
- Fluency in Mandarin
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.blpcareers.com/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com.