China Communications Manager - Beijing
Posted Jun 28, 2023 - Requisition No. 117287
Bloomberg delivers critical information in a world where information matters. We give influential decision-makers in business, finance and government a driven edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas, delivered through innovative technology. Our people work well under pressure and thrive in a team environment.
Bloomberg’s communications team connects our company and insights with financial markets, investor audiences and key stakeholders all over the world. Through this role and that of your peers, you play a critical role in articulating Bloomberg’s contribution to markets, economies and communities – through our philanthropic mission – everywhere.
What's the role?
We are looking for a pro-active, responsive and hands-on communicator to develop and execute China communications in our highly dynamic firm.
You’ll discover a role where we combine communications creativity with a desire to make things happen. You will be part of a collaborative and supportive regional team who are Bloomberg’s eyes, ears and voice in the region. In this role, you are trusted to share your insights and guidance with senior business leaders and empowered to put that advice to work.
You will work in tandem with the internal communications team to provide critical support for regional business priorities. Most importantly, you combine strategic communications acumen with a focus on execution and an ability to act with urgency.
As part of our Asia-Pacific communications team, you will be focusing on building a strong communications foundation for Bloomberg in China, raising awareness of our corporate brand and key products, forging and enhancing our corporate reputation in the market.
As the China Communications Manager, you will report to Bloomberg’s Head of Communications for Greater China, and join a team of dynamic, dedicated communicators.
We’ll Trust You to:
- Work closely with regional communications colleagues, local business leaders and other stakeholders to develop and execute communications strategy, thought leadership, media programs and content that are highly relevant to the region.
- Lead corporate and product communications campaigns covering the company, financial products, news and research. This will also include Bloomberg Philanthropies and other parts of Bloomberg LP.
- Position the China story to a global investor audience, and to global employees. Harness Bloomberg’s global influence and network to support broader business goals in the region.
- Play a part in Greater China external relations, covering the region’s most influential business and financial press and influencers, and other associations and groups. Manage regional media and press relations with confidence and precision.
- Take the reins and embrace your creativity in creating and showcasing Bloomberg thought leadership and sharing Bloomberg’s unique insights with external audiences throughout the region.
- Develop media pitches and manage media relations around senior executive visits, product announcements and customer advocacy.
- Support government relations team on key stakeholder engagement.
- Play a supporting role in the company’s regional internal communications, working to ensure our internal voice is culturally sensitive and highly relevant to every Bloomberg team member.
You'll Need to Have:
- 7+ years working experience in public relations, communications or public affairs.
- Excellent speaking, writing and editing skills in Mandarin and English
- Experience working in a China role with exposure to, and understanding of, cultural nuances and business practices throughout China.
- Experience in building and maintaining media and public relationships to generate required media coverage
- A good instinct for reputation and issues management, and the composure to put that instinct to use. Good understanding of the interplay of reputational, legal and governmental concerns.
- Sound judgement and an ability to serve as a strategic partner - suggesting new ideas, accepting and implementing feedback, and advising stakeholders (of all management levels) on best practices.
- Speed, adaptability, resourcefulness - especially when writing and editing on-the-fly and working through iteration.
- Comfortable working with senior leaders and executives from a variety of cultures.
- Equally comfortable with strategy and execution.
- Attention to details, responsible and strong work ethic.
- Outgoing, self-starting, ability to multi-task, get-it-done attitude. People trust you – and they enjoy working with you.
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
- An understanding of financial markets, data, technology, or related sector a plus.
If That Sounds Like You:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for