Chinese Language News - Editor (Beijing)
Posted Jan 31, 2018 - Requisition No. 64853
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from intraday coverage through to in-depth features, and leveraging the analytical power of the terminal as well as deep relationships with key participants in our markets.
You will work with a team of reporters and editors covering debt, equity and fx markets in China. The successful candidate will have the ability to produce fast and accurate coverage, as well as deliver agenda-setting stories that demonstrate insight and context. While you will be primarily editing Chinese content, you will be expected to work closely with your counterparts across the newsroom, including those working in English. The role will be based in either Beijing or Shanghai.
We'll trust you to:
- Craft both short and long
- form content that tell the story of China's financial markets
- Generate stories by tapping your knowledge and network in markets, as well as Bloomberg's rich data and analytics
- Edit and write copy for accuracy and insight
- Guide and support reporters on sourcing, interviewing and writing
- Collaborate closely with colleagues across the bureau and newsroom
You'll need to have:
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent editing skills
- Solid knowledge and understanding of the economy and financial markets as well as the dynamics that move various assets
- Strong attention to details
- English skills for daily work communications and discussions
If this sounds like you:
Apply, and we'll get in touch and let you know what the next steps are. In the meantime, have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/about/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.