Curation Editor - Beijing
Posted Mar 15, 2019 - Requisition No. 74186
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news about mergers and acquisitions, initial public offerings and other events, enabling readers, viewers and listeners to stay ahead of the markets. The global News Curation team is at the heart of newsroom. We help get the right news to the right clients via collaboration, coding, machine learning and more. You are a phenomenal judge of stories, enjoy being proactive, and are a good team player.
We'll trust you to:
- Have solid news judgement and understanding of the needs of the financial and business community, especially those that consume information in real-time
- Fit into a global and round-the-clock team that directs the right Bloomberg content to the right audience on an immediate basis
- Be flexible in adapting to new technologies and operating methods
- Be able to also help with monitoring, unearthing and making on-the-spot decisions on news breaking on traditional and new-media sources
- Be proactive in finding areas for improvement and figuring out how to make them better
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Proven experience in the business community or business journalism
- Robust knowledge of the economy, financial markets and business
- The ability to work under deadline pressure. Experience working in a real-time environment preferred
- Fluency in Chinese and English
We'd love to see:
- Familiarity with news across multiple beats or asset classes
- Proven skill at collaborating across departments to accomplish goals
- Working knowledge of how to navigate social media
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: www.blpcareers.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com.