Digital and Content Marketing Manager – China
Posted Oct 20, 2022 - Requisition No. 110511
The Studio is Bloomberg's in-house creative group. We work on assignments for digital, print, environmental, interactive and broadcast projects. The Studio has excellent writing, design, production, and content capabilities. Our creative team has a strong hands-on and highly collaborative approach to both campaign concept development and graphic design systems. The team ensures ideas are realized to world-class standard execution. The Studio drives projects across the full spectrum of Bloomberg, rolling out campaigns both internally and externally. The team works across a global workflow, with staff in all our major offices.
Our team in China is seeking a proven and highly motivated digital and content marketing manager. The ideal candidate will work with business partners and marketing managers to build end-to-end digital and social media campaigns. We are looking for an individual experienced in managing social media platforms like WeChat and Weibo in China. Someone comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, ability to be an individual contributor as well as adding strategic insights to the overall digital marketing strategy, and demonstrate a passion for our brand.
In the capacity of digital and content marketing manager, this individual will need to define the go-to market strategy for activating content across social media, web, email and syndication channels, and as the community manager will activate paid social media campaigns, as well as organic conversations, and user responses. The candidate must also have working knowledge in social CRM programs, account-based digital marketing, video marketing, and performance marketing.
We’ll trust you to:
- Work closely with regional marketing managers, event planners, stakeholders, and vendors to coordinate and integrate digital marketing and content plans into larger marketing plans in China
- Define and manage the editorial calendar of postings to owned sites, social media platforms, and syndication outlets to build our brand and promote our solutions and offerings
- Manage, monitor, analyse and provide insights of digital and social media campaign results
- Define growth opportunities across digital channels and drive measurable results
- Manage, monitor, and analyse our performance and follow sentiment across our channels, and provide actionable insights and recommendations based on the analytics
- Work with external agencies across social media, paid search, webinar, and technical development to deliver seamless digital experience and ensure quality outputs
- Train internal constituents (marketing, product develop, sales and other) on content marketing and social media best practices.
- Manage digital and social media vendors to ensure quality output and evolving support
- Work closely with internal and external teams to define and execute programs for China
- Identify and pursue opportunities for scaling our content
- Stay in the loop with the latest trends and changes in online user behavior, trending keywords, popular terminology and catchphrases, social memes, faux pas, viral content
- Independently learn new tools, investigate issues, and solve problems
- Can turn around a marketing brief into a complete, accurate, error-free deliverables
- Communicate and collaborate effectively, efficiently, and professionally with others in person and via various digital channels (email, chat, Slack, Workfront, etc.)
- Adapt, learn quickly, and be resourceful
- Speak the language of digital marketers and producers
- A bachelor's degree with 5 or more years’ experience in social media marketing, including community management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in Mandarin (native level) and English (advanced level)
- Proven experience in organic content marketing and paid marketing
- Strong creative writing skills with an ability to understand the company's brand tone and translate that into effective social posts that drive engagement
- Working knowledge of integrated marketing strategies for WeChat (service account), SEM, and video
- Familiarity with video community platforms (Bilibili, Tiktok, YouTube, Vimeo) and know how and when to integrate them into marketing campaigns
- Competency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Workspace, or similar
You need to have:
We’d love to see:
- Prior experience in a digital marketing and/or social media agency
- Knowledge of financial market and institutional financial services
- Experienced in WordPress or similar content management systems
- Experience working in a B2B company or with B2B clients
- Experience in WeChat community development
- Knowledge or prior experience in SEO and/or SEM
- Experience with Workfront or similar project management software
- Some knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere, etc.)
- Some understanding of, and experience in using iOS and Android
- Good sense of UI and UX -- both visual and experiential
If that sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com