Posted Aug 2, 2018 - Requisition No. 68523
What's the role?
Bloomberg is seeking a seasoned Economist to join a global team of analysts, covering key trends in China’s economy. You will play a leading role on China, providing quick and insightful analysis on economic events to a sophisticated financial audience, and building out the team’s research on important themes. You will also have opportunities to develop the team’s broader Asia coverage.
You should be able to generate quick analysis about economic data, policy, and financial markets, as well as sophisticated research on longer-term trends and risks. Our goal is to deliver pithy, insightful content for Bloomberg's client base to be distributed over the terminal. You should be someone who can leverage experience working for a financial firm or policy institution to provide crisp analysis, informed by extensive country knowledge.
As the Bloomberg economist, we'll trust you to:
- Rapidly interpret and communicate the impact of economic events and data on global financial markets.
- Demonstrate a knack for verbal, visual, and written communication, delivering clear and compelling analysis to Bloomberg's broad audience.
- Work as part of a team; This is crucial as you will work with other economists as well as senior economic reporters, from time to time, to produce content.
- Exhibit a high level ability to use Excel, or any other statistical package, to crunch and display data, including the ability to build sophisticated charts.
- Be comfortable speaking on TV and in front of large audiences.
You'll need to have:
- A deep understanding of China’s economy and financial markets, and experience tracking developments at a provincial level or in the financial sector
- A strong professional background in macroeconomics
- A graduate degree or equivalent in economics, international economics, PhD or equivalent experience is preferred
- Fluency in English and Chinese are required
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/professional/bloomberg-intelligence/.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status