Energy Reporter - Beijing
Posted Sep 6, 2019 - Requisition No. 77158
We're looking for an experienced reporter for our Asia Energy team in Beijing to cover China, one of the world's most important energy markets.
You'll need to break news on deals, companies, policies and projects, from oil and coal to renewables and carbon. Your reporting is expected to move markets and yield in-depth pieces that explain how China's position as the top energy consumer impacts its economy, politics and finance, as well as foreign relations. You'll be expected to perform independently at the highest standards, while also enthusiastically supporting team efforts.
We'll trust you to:
- Break news on company strategies, projects, M&A and government policy
- Explore the close links between China's energy needs and industries and its broader domestic goals and international relations
- Craft coverage for both expert Bloomberg clients and a broader readership
- Collaborate closely with colleagues in China and across the globe
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Previous financial journalism experience, including in a real-time, breaking news environment. Previous energy markets or industry coverage would be advantageous
- Ability to write quickly and concisely under deadline pressure
- Proven ability to make and build sources
- Knowledge of China's economy, financial markets and industries
- Excellent written and spoken English and Mandarin
- Willing to be based in Beijing
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: www.blpcareers.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com.