Equities Reporter - Beijing
Posted Feb 6, 2018 - Requisition No. 65019
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from intraday coverage through to in-depth features.You will work on a team of reporters and editors covering news about greater China stocks, bonds and currencies. As the world's second-biggest equity market and third-biggest debt market open up to global investors, you'll cover these developments in real time, while delivering stories that explain this shift and offer a broader perspective. You will play a big part in helping us expand our coverage of mainland equities, from research to earnings to intraday market moves.
With reporting experience under your belt (preferably covering markets, and/or working in a real-time news environment), you will set a standard for filing fast and accurate copy, and be a phenomenal teammate who collaborates well with colleagues.
We'll trust you to:
- Generate and craft content, both short and long-form, that demonstrates a strong story-telling ability and understanding of what our readers are interested in
- Have (or develop) market sources so that you can quickly find explanations for intraday market moves, and provide useful reporting on the biggest themes of the day
- File copy that is accurate and insightful; and be adept at utilizing multiple formats including graphics
- Collaborate closely with colleagues within the bureau and across the region
- Be a key part of bureau/team coverage expansion plans; take ownership for delivering on the goals that the team is set.
You'll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Previous financial journalism experience
- Experience of working in a real-time news environment
- Excellent written and spoken English, as well as fluency in Mandarin
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.