Event Manager - Beijing
Posted Aug 13, 2018 - Requisition No. 68713
Bloomberg Marketing partners with forward-looking business leaders to seize and create opportunities and to drive difference. We use data to understand markets and audiences and creative ideas to build stories and brands. We create campaigns and work that captures attention and drives a reaction. We move fast, and our core approach is integrated and disruptive.
What’s the role?
This event manager role will be based in Beijing. The role is an individual contributor, reporting to the Head of Events, Asia Pacific. You will work with the Marketing, Event, Communications and GR teams in China to develop, plan, execute and measure all events across Bloomberg, including Bloomberg’s core financial products, Enterprise, Verticals and company branding programs.
What will you do in this role?
Together with the China Marketing, Event, Communications and GR teams, you will work closely with the business and sales leaders of the businesses in Bloomberg China to develop and execute strategic event programs that are targeted at our audiences and integrated with other marketing tactics. You will work with internal marketing partners to ensure that our events are creative and integrated with the various digital and social platforms. You will also ensure meaningful post event analysis is done so that we can measure our events effectively which in turn will influence future decisions.
As part of the Global Events Team, you will utilize the event execution tools and programs within Bloomberg to deliver perfect event execution. You will manage the creative process, including invites, event production, audio visual requirements, production and overall logistics.
As many of our event programs are global or regional in nature, you will lead domestic and international projects with multiple stakeholders (across different geos and businesses) from inception to delivery. You will be expected to make sound independent decisions consistent with business.
There will be frequent travel within China as well as to other APAC offices for key programs.
Who are we looking for?
You have extensive experience with planning and executing multi-faceted, complex integrated events within a company or agency, excellent project management skills, strong communication skills and ability to present to all levels of management.
You’ll need to have:
- At least 6 years of experience (either as an in-house event planner or in an agency)
- Bilingual skills (Fluency in written and spoken Mandarin and English)
- Extensive experience planning and executing events in China
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail
- Experience in providing event program strategic guidance, including target audience experience mapping, event portfolio analysis and integration with other marketing tactics
- Ability to multi-task in a time-pressured environment
- Experience in integrating digital and social media tactics into key event programs and advocating for an integrated event experience approach
- Ability to collaborate effectively across teams, regions and with vendors
- Ability to question the status quo with the objective of continuous improvement
- Experience in developing metrics for the different types of events
If this sounds like you:
Apply. If we believe you're a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com.