Financial Regulations Reporter - Hong Kong
Posted Feb 15, 2018 - Requisition No. 65267
We're looking for a regulation reporter in Hong Kong or Beijing or Shanghai to cover the financial overseers of the world's second-biggest market. You will be able to break news coming out of the China's regulatory agencies as well as being the first to report on new rules that would affect the financial services industry in mainland China. The role also requires an ability to wrap developments into high-impact, big-picture stories that can inform a domestic audience while also educating international investors looking to Bloomberg for insight.
This is a newly-created role for an experienced reporter that needs a self-starter, someone who's capable of building, establishing and owning his/her beat, and working with a remote manager. You will be working closely with colleagues on other teams and building close relationships internally while also developing external sources.
You'll need to have:
- At least five years of reporting experience
- A track record of getting scoops and/or writing agenda-setting features
- Fluency in Mandarin and English, with highly developed writing skills in English
- Ideally, experience working at a newswire and/or international publication
- University degree or equivalent
- Previous work covering regulators/government would be a plus
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.