Bloomberg L.P. is a global leading financial information services provider with long term dedication to the China market. In continuation of that dedication, we are hiring a local legal counsel in Beijing to support our China business.
You will be our first counsel based in China and will play a vital role advising on Chinese legal and regulatory issues across a wide array of our products and departments. On any given day you could be asked to work on matters relating to financial information products, media, intellectual property, regulation or employment, amongst others.
Upon joining, you will become a valued member of our diverse global legal team, which includes a range of professionals across legal, compliance, and negotiations. It is this diversity and inclusiveness which is critical to our success, and we strive to maintain an environment where our employees are respected for their diversity and empowered to make an impact. Practising in an open floor environment, you will collaborate frequently with colleagues and clients in an exciting, dynamic, creative and high-energy work environment.
We'll Trust you to
- Work with other members of the legal team in APAC and elsewhere to advise on legal interests and issues for the Company, with a focus on China
- Draft, review and negotiate all types of agreements in support of the Company’s China business
- Assist with company secretary work and regulatory filings
- Manage and assist with resolving significant legal issues raised by the business and negotiations team
- Advise business and your reporting line on potential developments in China’s laws and regulations that would impact the Company's interests
- Provide legal training to business on a regular basis
- Engage and lead outside counsel in China, including, as necessary, in relation to litigation/dispute resolution matters.
You should have
- PRC qualification and at least 3 years’ post-qualification legal experience, gained in a major law firm or multi-national company
- Broad-based understanding of China legal systems—especially corporate law, financial regulations and cyber security requirements on financial institutions
- Self-motivated, exude personal self-confidence to work independently and in an open office environment
- Judgement in identifying critical legal issues and weighing legal risks
- Ability to clearly and confidently explain legal issues to business in plain language while providing pragmatic legal advice
- Strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills in both Mandarin and English
- Comfort in working with a local team, but with an international outlook and the ability to interact and communicate effectively at local and global level.
We'd love to see
- Ability to understand, and a strong desire to learn about, Bloomberg's financial technology business and financial sector clients
- Ability to lead and prioritize multiple projects at a time
- Ability to establish relationships across different business and internal operations teams
- Overseas law study or working experience which would be useful but not mandatory.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.