NEF China Localization Quality Assurance Editor, Beijing
Posted Sep 11, 2020 - Requisition No. 84970
- As the Localization Quality Assurance Editor, you are responsible for verifying the accuracy of the language used in regards to project and company specific terminology, accuracy, linguistic phrasing, cultural sensitive, etc., across all relevant platforms
- Work with Project Manager, internal and external teams to provide quality control and editing support on all New Economy Forum related content translations.
- Proactively pursue excellence in translation quality and consistency across all New Economy Forum platforms and materials.
- Coordinate with internal teams to determine and maintain translation memories, glossaries and terminology guides
- Work closely with both internal and vendors teams to provide Chinese Linguistic and LQA support, including answering linguistic/stylistic questions to ensure consistent NEF language usage across teams and deliverables
- Identify, evaluate, and address linguistic and localization issues in NEF related Chinese language materials
- Provide English Chinese language translation support as needed; including press releases, China partner communications, internal briefing and planning documents, advertising copy, etc.
- 3+ years of LQA or relevant editor experience, have a great understanding of localization issues as well as familiarity with localization tools and processes; solid experience in Chinese-English localization, working for a localization service provider or client-side localization preferred
- Education in Translation, Linguistics - a BA. or equivalent
- Native fluency in Chinese (Simplified): strong written and communication skills in both Chinese and English
- Time management and organizational skills and multitasking abilities
- Familiarity with a wide variety of cross-sector topics, including economics and trade, financial markets, public and current affairs, technology trends and developments, environment and climate change, etc.
- Familiarity with multiple localization and project management tools a plus
- Demonstrated self-starter, quick learner, detail-oriented, and quality-focused
- Adaptable and comfortable learning new systems and topics, capable of working in fast paced, international teams
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we believe you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.