Are you a business support representative with strong interpersonal skill, communication skill, and enhanced multitasking abilities? Are you looking for a challenging opportunity to improve the customer experience and optimize our network to meet our customer's demands? Our technical operation department has an opportunity for an individual focusing on organization, strategic analysis, solid understanding of the local Telecommunications market and IP Networking. Our team is a critical part of Bloomberg, providing network and business support and utilizing technical skills to expand the Bloomberg core network within the region and assist business verticals with product development and deployment to local clients.
What's in it for you:
In our APAC team, you will based in Beijing joining a tight-knit group of engineers who are not just passionate about technology, but keen to solve problems with exceptional negotiation skills and the ability to work closely with our Vendors and clients within the country. You will also be partner with a talented, approachable team with diverse backgrounds across APAC to collaborate with colleagues around the world. You also will be a critical point of contact between Network Operations and various internal groups to improve the quality of technical and telecommunication services provided to our customers.
We'll trust you to:
- Understand network and telecom standards
- Understand the impact of a new regulation within the country which will impact Bloomberg business and technology
- Represent Technical Operations’ interests locally and communicate with business verticals as well as other internal groups
- Analyze, troubleshoot and deliver solutions for network and telecom issues
- Provide technical assistance and training to other teams.
- Assist with the implementation, installation, and development of software, hardware
- Suggest and drive continuous improvement of operational procedures, documentation and diagrams.
- Work closely with the telecommunication team to support and enhance vendor relationships in China
- Manage Projects and support hands-on hardware/software for implementing changes in network
You'll need to have:
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Ability to work directly with global customers, technical teams, product developers, and other organizations to answer questions, resolve issues and achieve business initiatives.
- Experience building relationships, targeting relationships and using proven methods to develop and improve communication to solidify vendor partnerships that improves Operational support.
- Knowledge of local government regulations on both business and technology
- 3+ years of experience working closely with or directly for the local telecommunication industry
- WAN experience with SDH, Ethernet, and leased-line connectivity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Mandarin Chinese and English
We’d love to see:
- Flexibility and customer focused mindset, with strong troubleshooting, multitasking and time management abilities
- Experience in project management and business skills,
- Certification such as CCNA, Juniper JNCIA-M, Linux (e.g. Red Hat RHCT) or equivalent
- Knowledge of managing Data Center Infrastructure
- Autonomy in working remotely with minimal supervision
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.