New Economy Forum Director, Asia - Beijing
Posted Feb 6, 2018 - Requisition No. 65024
Who we are looking for:
Bloomberg's Director of the New Economy Forum, Asia will be a self-starting, strategic manager ready to take on major socio-economic, global challenges. You should be immersed in the business markets, political climate, and technological advancements that drive global decision-making and thrive on building partnerships with business and government leaders to drive impact.
You will work closely with the Managing Directors to craft the strategy and execution behind launching a new event and business consulting initiative. You will work across a diverse set of global teams to develop brand and strategic engagements with partners, harnessing the data, intelligence, audience, and content that drive Bloomberg's success.
You are a self-starter for this initiative who enjoys working in a fast-paced, energizing environment and lead multiple, diverse responsibilities.
We'll trust you to:
- Build prioritized project plans for executing across a range of key functions, including partner outreach and relationship management, and market intelligence.
- Develop new partnerships with Chinese and Asian businesses and manage relationships with C-Suite executives, government leaders, and thought leaders across think tanks and academic institutions.
- Help lead team of communicators, strategists, and marketing authorities.
- Keep your pulse on key business and governmental trends to help shape client engagements and event content.
- Identify and engage with key influencers to build buzz around and support business launch.
- Work with local and global Marketing teams to help negotiate and execute event production and related partnerships
- Collaborate across businesses to build program enthusiasm and momentum internally
- Consult with internal teams on a business strategy that supports Bloomberg's objectives across business.
- Help advise global clients on brand positioning and market dynamics across China and Asia.
- Promote and help build a collaborative team culture within a new business vertical.
You'd need to have:
- 6 to 10 years of experience in strategy/business development, preferably at a multinational corporation OR strategy/brand planning, preferably at a creative agency/management consultancy
- Strong interest in technology and current events that drive decision making of businesses and governments worldwide.
- Ability to build strategic, multi-faceted partnerships with government, businesses, academic institutions, and others.
- Strong relationship management skills
- Innovative and creative disposition coupled with the ability to multi-task and think strategically, while executing tactically.
- Bilingual language skills in English and Mandarin
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills
- Extensive experience in China
- Experience with brand marketing and live events
- Excellent project management and problem-solving skills with an ability to create project plans and manage through seamless execution
- Ability to travel throughout China and internationally.
- Strong commercial sense and a self-starter with an ability to adapt, work across multiple teams, and learn new markets and industries
- A knack for building smart and effective slide decks and presenting them compellingly, confidently, and convincingly
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.