Reporter - Consumer and Healthcare team - Beijing
Posted Dec 19, 2018 - Requisition No. 72581
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from intraday coverage through to in-depth features. The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard and we work fast, moving markets and chronicling the rise and fall of the people who make them. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use.
We're seeking an experienced reporter for China, in Beijing or Shanghai, to work on our Asia Consumer and Healthcare team. Knowledge of and contacts within this sector, particularly Chinese consumer and health companies, is essential. The reporter will be expected to break news under tight deadlines, generate enterprise feature stories and profile the industry's biggest newsmakers.
We'll trust you to:
- Generate and craft content, both short and long-form, that demonstrates a strong storytelling ability and understanding of what our readers are passionate about
- Have (or demonstrate ability to develop) company, industry and market sources so that you can be first to break important news developments, report on the biggest themes of the day and generate compelling enterprise stories
- Have experience working and developing a reporting beat
- File copy that is accurate and insightful; and be adept at utilizing multiple formats including graphics
- Collaborate closely with colleagues within your bureau and across the region
- Be a key part of bureau/team coverage plans; take ownership for delivering on the goals that the team has set.
You'll need to have:
- Excellent written and spoken English, as well as native fluency in Mandarin
- A collaborative spirit and the drive to innovate and experiment
- At least 3-5 years of journalism experience
- A good network of corporate contacts
- Good story ideas and grasp of consumer/health trends
- Reporting experience, preferably covering the consumer and healthcare industries
- Experience of working in a real-time news environment
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.blpcareers.com/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com.