The Bloomberg Marketing Studio is Bloomberg’s in-house marketing and design group. Working on assignments for digital, print, environmental, interactive and broadcast projects, the Bloomberg Marketing Studio has editorial, digital, content, design, production and project management capabilities. The Bloomberg Marketing Studio handles projects across the full spectrum of Bloomberg, both internally and externally.
Bloomberg China office is seeking a proven and highly motivated digital and content marketing manager. The ideal candidate will work with business partners and marketing managers to build end-to-end digital and social media campaigns. The candidate must be experienced in managing social media platforms like WeChat and Weibo in China. The candidate must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, be an individual contributor as well as adding strategic insights to the overall digital marketing strategy, and demonstrate a passion for our brand.
In the capacity of digital and content marketing manager, this individual will need to define the go-to market strategy for activating content across social media, web, email and syndication channels, and as the community manager will activate paid social media campaigns, as well as organic conversations, and user responses.
We’ll trust you to:
- Work closely with regional marketing managers to coordinate and integrate digital marketing and content plans into larger marketing plans in China
- Define and manage the editorial calendar of postings to owned sites, social media platforms, and syndication outlets
- Develop and ensure content is fully optimized across relevant channels, such as web (HTML5), mobile (WeChat API & Mini Program), etc.
- Manage, monitor, analyse and provide insights of digital and social media campaign results
- Monitor social media channels, reviews, and content posts for sentiment and user interactions
- Train internal constituents (marketing, product develop, sales and other) on content marketing and social media best practices.
- Manage digital and social media vendors to ensure quality outputs
You need to be able to:
- Work closely with local agencies to execute programs for China
- Stay in the loop with the latest trends and changes in online user behavior, trending keywords, popular terminology and catchphrases, social memes, faux pas, viral content
- Identify and pursue opportunities for scaling our content
- Independently learn new tools, investigate issues, and solve problems
- Can translate a marketing brief into a complete, accurate, error-free deliverable
- Adapt, learn quickly, and be resourceful
- Speak the language of digital marketers and producers
You need to have:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in Mandarin (native level) and English (advanced level)
- Advanced creative writing experience with an ability to understand the company's brand tone and translate that into effective social posts that drive engagement
- Working knowledge of integrated marketing disciplines such as Wechat Moment Advertising, Weibo paid Advertising and SEM on other platforms
- Familiarity with rich media platforms (Youku, Tuduo, YouTube, Vimeo) and know how and when to integrate them into marketing campaigns
- Competency in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- 5+ years of social media marketing, including community management
- At minimum a bachelor's degree
We’d love to see:
- Prior experience in a digital marketing and/or social media agency preferred
- Knowledge of financial market and institutional financial services preferred
- Experienced in WordPress or similar content management system
- Experience working in a B2B company or with B2B clients
- Experience in WeChat API development
- Knowledge or prior experience in SEO and/or SEM
- Some understanding of HTML 4 or higher and CSS
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
- Experience with Oracle Eloqua or similar email delivery software
- Experience with Workfront or similar project management software
- Some understanding in and experience using iOS and Android
If that sounds like you
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.