Field Producer - Berlin
Posted Feb 21, 2022 - Requisition No. 100839
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from Quicktake to New Economy to our rapidly growing consumer subscription business.
Bloomberg Television and Radio is seeking a highly motivated field producer to join our Berlin bureau. The successful applicant will be passionate about storytelling, able to capture the drama of politics while cutting through to the implications of policy for our global audience of investors. A fascination about business, finance and the economy is vital and you'll have exceptional organizational and communication skills to help direct our newsgathering. You'll need a breadth of experience of TV production from outside broadcasts to cutting video and preparing graphics. The role requires a willingness to work early morning and evening shifts, as well as the flexibility to travel.
We'll trust you to:
- Field produce at news events in Germany and across the Europe as needed, managing logistics, producing live reporter hits and communicating with the relevant news desk and live shows
- Assist and direct talent during live and taped radio programming
- Provide editorial guidance on events in Germany and take on planning responsibilities as needed
- Book newsmakers, producing live and prerecorded in-field or studio as required
- Produce content for live hits including managing the edits of pre-recorded interviews
- Research and arrange access to live feeds from external sources
- Communicate with global editorial, production staff, on-air talent and colleagues from across Bloomberg's media platforms to ensure we maximize the impact of our content around the world
You'll need to have:
- 3+ years of relevant broadcast production experience
- German language proficiency
- Strong writing and edit supervising skills and the ability to creatively use video and graphics
- Flexibility with hours is essential
- A professional attitude that is highly collaborative and creative
- A willingness to take initiative and be a self-starter
- Ability to work under deadline pressure
- Previous financial journalism experience is preferred
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com