Markets Reporter - Dominican Republic (Contractor)
Posted Dec 14, 2018 - Requisition No. 72519
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news about mergers and acquisitions, initial public offerings and other events, enabling readers, viewers and listeners to stay a step ahead of the markets.
We are looking for an experienced reporter based in the Dominican Republic to cover the Caribbean. Candidates will be familiar with the Caribbean and Central America and will have proven experience covering financial topics, as well as elections and general news. Fluency in written and spoken English and Spanish is mandatory. We expect the candidate to draw on a broad network in the financial community -- traders, investors, bankers. The individual in this role will be responsible for sourcing exclusive stories in the financial and corporate sector, as well as general news. You will be part of our self-starting team that meets real-time deadlines and responds swiftly to breaking news in the Caribbean. You will also work closely with our Central America reporter, based in Costa Rica, and back him up when needed.
We'll trust you to:
- Break news on capital markets and across asset classes
- Use excellent news judgment to discern and produce news with the biggest market impact
- Build on and develop sources across the region, especially the Dominican Republic and Jamaica.
- Prepare content for a range of platforms
- Report with speed and accuracy
- Write quickly and concisely under tight deadline pressure
- Be a team player
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Proven FX/Rates experience
- Strong work ethic, team player, ability to work calmly under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Fluency in English and Spanish
- Knowledge of Bloomberg's functions and databases is a plus.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services fosters innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.