Bloomberg Onsite Support Team Leader
Posted Aug 8, 2018 - Requisition No. 68638
A trader can't access Bloomberg, telephone support can't fix the problem, they pass the problem to you. You visit the client locally, you use your initiative, you respond quickly and think on your feet. Within minutes, your troubleshooting skills have got the trader back up and working.
Bloomberg On-Site Support are the calm voices and cool heads in a fast-paced environment but we understand urgency, work hard, have commercial acumen and are customer service driven. Our clients internally and externally count on us daily.
Bloomberg On-Site support provides internal and external customers with outstanding support. Our unwavering commitment to the principle that “customers come first” has allowed us to continually add more value to the company. We operate as Technical Account Managers when we are on site and make valuable contributions to our clients because of our expertise within Bloomberg working closely with other Bloomberg Technical Operations teams. We pride ourselves in offering top-notch customer solution focused service by being able to understand and pre-empt client needs as well as deliver personal, on-the-ground value and assistance spotting gaps and implementing changes. Our team is tight but our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We challenge and support each other.
What's the role?
Bloomberg On-site Support is seeking a Team Leader for our Bloomberg On-Site Support team located at our News bureau in downtown Boston. In this role, you'll have full responsibility of running our On-Site Support of PC's and peripherals for our employees and clients in the surrounding 4 state area.
You'll work towards developing a collaborative team environment that fosters creativity and places a high value on providing quality customer service. Striving for excellence in both team productivity and customer happiness is at the heart of this position.
No day is the same - you'll be a hands on manager, working to oversee our customer support responsibilities, building efficiency and consistency for our service offerings in the region. You'll be at our customers' sites installing and servicing our products and hardware ensuring our clients continue their platinum experience with us. You'll partner with our sales teams to maintain client coverage and specific solutions for the Boston areas as well as collaborating with other Bloomberg departments, such as Engineering to make sure we keep evolving. The field with internal partners and peers.
We will trust you to:
- Be a self-starter with a passion for technology
- Build quality relationships with your team on both a group and individual level
- Ensure that your teams performance is on track to meet departmental goals across multiple metric categories such as productivity and quality
- Empower your team to innovate and challenge traditional thinking on how to best solve client issues
- Establish strong interdepartmental relationships to build a meaningful employee network
- Provide tailored mentorship that improves individual productivity and performance
- Possess an ability to collaborate across multiple departments
- Build and drive strategies for your team, region and department
- Drive business critical projects in Customer Support
You'll need to have:
- Demonstrated people management, project management and change management skills
- Experience working in a team-focused, collaborative environment
- Ability to quickly prioritize and take appropriate actions in handling raised cases
- Experience with Windows OS, Android/IOS, Desktop Support, SAP
- Proven excellence in customer service
- Strong listening and problem solving skills
- A valid driving license
- Network experience to include TCP/IP, LAN's, WAN's, Routers
- An understanding of Wan/Telco/Circuits
- Strong relationship building and communication skills (written and verbal/ internal and external)
- Knowledge of Bloomberg and its products will be helpful
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.