Brazil's Economy Ministry Reporter
Posted Jun 26, 2019 - Requisition No. 75783
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too.
We are seeking a sharp and creative reporter to join our Brasilia Bureau to cover Brazil's Economy Ministry. Brazil is at a crossroads as the new administration of Jair Bolsonaro tries to push through key reforms to save Latin America's largest nation from a fiscal crisis. Covering the Economy Ministry at this crucial time is one of the most key posts in the country and requires hard work, self-motivation, a collaborative spirit and a relentless drive to break news and quickly analyze new developments in Brasilia and beyond.
You're an agile reporter who's able to write quickly stories ideas and see them through. You have a strong understanding, knowledge and experience on what drives the Brazilian economy and how that fits in with the global picture, including with companies and markets. You have an established track record of breaking news from a network of sources, are plugged into local markets, and are versatile enough to write for a variety of platforms. You have a passion for breaking news and moving markets with scoops.
We'll trust you to:
- Break news and write insightful stories with both a local and global focus
- Lean on existing sources and develop new ones to get scoops and exclusive interviews
- Business journalism experience and experience of working in a real-time news environment
- Coordinate news-gathering process to bring together experts and policy makers
- Cultivate sources and work across teams and platforms
You'll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree
- Solid news judgment and a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, breaking-news environment and make sound news decisions quickly
- Fluency in written/spoken Portuguese.
- Fluency or proficiency in English is preferred
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps. Please submit all resumes in English.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services fosters innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.