Posted Mar 22, 2021 - Requisition No. 89688
Bloomberg News is seeking an experienced reporter to join our influential team of journalists covering Latin America's economy and government. Based in Brasilia, your focus will be Brazil's central bank and congress, according to the team's needs and news flow. The ideal candidate will know the inner workings of these institutions, have access to their key officials, and be able to explain to a foreign audience the intricacies of their decisions.
You'll have solid understanding of the fundamentals of fiscal and monetary policies and how they influence financial markets to provide timely context to our stories -- from breaking news to quick-hit analytical pieces to long-format narratives. In-depth knowledge of Brazil's government and domestic politics is essential, as well as the ability to show its connections to other Latin American and emerging-market nations, partnering with colleagues from other countries to produce regional and global pieces.
Attention to detail and accuracy, the ability to keep a cool head under pressure and to deliver clean copy under tight deadlines are also crucial for the job.
Being part of a small team in a hectic power center such as Brasilia, you'll need to be a true team player and help write stories about nearly any topic concerning Brazil's economy and politics, according to coverage needs.
We'll trust you to:
- Break news
- Cover Brazil's most important economic indicators
- Cover speeches from legislators and policy makers, sending headlines in real time and writing quick breaking-news stories
- Help cover Brazil's ministries, regulators and Supreme Court when needed
- Plan ahead for news events and contribute to an editorial calendar shared throughout the news organization
- Be committed to the best journalist practices, show sound news judgment and willingness to learn
You'll need to have:
- Ability to cultivate sources and work across teams and platforms as part of one of the biggest newsrooms in the world
- Minimum of five years experience reporting preferably on business or political news
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Fluency in written/spoken English and Portuguese
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.