Brussels Antitrust and Legal Reporter
Posted Dec 15, 2022 - Requisition No. 112442
Bloomberg News is hiring a legal and antitrust reporter based in Brussels. We are seeking an experienced journalist who can generate market moving scoops and compelling analysis, handling everything from breaking news to enterprise stories.
Sitting within the wider European legal team you are a driven, enthusiastic well-rounded reporter who has a solid network of contacts within the European Commission and the legal world. You'll be expected to colloborate closely with colleagues in your team, bureau and across the world to produce compelling journalism.
Your key focus will be on how Europe's antitrust policy is adapting to tackle the dominance of a small group of immensely powerful companies, how its enforcement agenda is evolving, as well as tracking closely how its various investigations are progressing. You'll be expected to break news on the evolving energy crisis, state aid and on the fallout of Elon Musk buying Twitter.
You will also work closely with a team of experienced reporters in Brussels and other European capitals to cover a wide range of topics from technology to government. There will also be opportunities to write the daily Brussels newsletter, closely read by EU insiders.
We'll trust you to:
- Deliver clear, accurate and exclusive stories based on reliable sourcing
- Generate compelling analysis and enterprise stories
- Interview top-level officials
- Work well in a supportive team environment, collaborating with reporters across the legal, Brussels, tech teams and beyond
- A minimum of three years experience of business journalism
- Solid knowledge of antitrust, the regulatory landscape and how it intesects with companies
- An ability to think creatively about story presentation, formats and work with different platforms on audience engagement
- Proven ability to develop a network of sources and consistently produce influential scoops on your existing beat
- Fluency in English and French and other languages, such as German, seen as a big plus
You’ll need to have:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com