Climate Finance Policy Lead - Brussels, GFANZ (12 month Contract)
Posted Mar 22, 2023 - Requisition No. 114991
The Glasgow Financial Alliance for Net Zero (GFANZ) is a coalition of leading financial institutions committed to accelerating the decarbonisation of the global economy. Our members currently include over 550 financial firms across over 50 countries. Members have committed to use science-based guidelines to achieve net-zero emissions, across all emissions scopes, while setting 2030 interim targets and reporting on progress. Learn more about GFANZ at www.gfanzero.com.
We are looking for a Brussels-based Climate Finance Policy Lead to join our Public Policy team and work across our global policy agenda with emphasis on European policy analysis and engagement. In this role, you will be responsible for leading critical research, thought leadership, partner management, and program facilitation efforts that support delivering on our policy objectives.
We’ll trust you to:
- Conduct research on policy developments covering the European Union and member states – particularly relating to net-zero transition plan regulation, climate disclosure regulation, international climate finance, emerging market capital mobilization, carbon markets, and/or wider government policy needed including for real-economy transition
- Plan and help deliver an external outreach program to facilitate dialogue and knowledge exchange between the GFANZ Secretariat and external bodies (e.g., policymakers, regulators, organisations, standard-setters, etc.) within the EU; as appropriate, identify synergies and opportunities to collaborate on shared objectives and challenges
- Develop and refine in-house and external policy views, as well as supporting documents, in partnership with a wide group of team members
- Support our engagement with GFANZ members on public policy, including developing ways to draw on their policy expertise as well as to forge and disseminate common policy positions
- Support external engagement for GFANZ Leadership and Principal Group members within the EU
- Complete any other tasks related to GFANZ public policy work and other general Secretariat activities
You’ll need to have:
- 6-10 years* relevant work experience with a focus on climate finance, financial regulation, and/or public policy, with an understanding of key issues in climate finance, climate-related financial risk, and/or net-zero transition
- Experience reviewing, assessing, and maintaining ongoing knowledge of EU and national governmental regulations, laws, and frameworks related to climate and finance
- Experience progressing novel and technical policy issues, drawing on research, knowledge of current landscape, and collaborative development of new approaches
- Exceptional writing skills and ability to synthesize sophisticated policy topics, including experience drafting briefs and research documents for external audiences
- Experience with presenting on complex policy areas to senior staff and stakeholders, and distilling the subject matter in a way that is easy for others to understand
- Excellent time management and process management skills including ability to draft, socialise, and update on detailed workplans and milestones
- Excellent organisational abilities and can handle multiple projects in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, to build and maintain the necessary relationships and ensure we understand priorities and preferences
Strong understanding of EU and national policymaking bodies and processes, and their role in the global policy arena. International experience desirable.
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide, but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organisation that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org