EU Policy Reporter - Brussels
Posted May 26, 2021 - Requisition No. 91013
Bloomberg News is seeking an experienced reporter to cover European politics and economic policy in Brussels. We're looking for a well-connected, self-starting journalist who will work with a network of reporters stretching from Dublin to Bucharest, breaking news and writing memorable stories from the heart of the European Union.
From tax to trade, cyber and technology, the EU’s decision-making body is involved in the geopolitics of it all. It's an exciting time to be covering the Commission, as France and Germany head into elections and the post-Brexit relationship with the U.K. remains in flux. There are billions in funds at stake for the recovery and the prospect of a fiscal union looms. Alongside it all, there is how the EU manages its complex relationships with Russia, China and the U.S.
You’ll need to delve into all this and more, pairing up with colleagues across teams and regions to chase scoops. You’ll be guided by intellectual curiosity and an ability to see the big picture, even as your grasp of the detail enables you to digest complex documents quickly. You’ll need stamina to tackle summits that can go on all night but you’ll be rewarded by being in the thick of some of the biggest and most important stories of the day.
We’ll trust you to:
- Develop sources and sniff out news at the highest levels of European institutions
- Work hand in glove with reporters and editors across the newsroom to deliver maximum impact for our readers
- Produce high-level features to rival anything in the international media
You’ll need to have:
- Fluency in English and at least one European language
- A deep understanding of European institutions and their relationship with the world of business and finance
- At least five years’ experience in political, financial or business journalism
- A proven track record of breaking news
- Ability to work steadily and calmly under pressure
- Confidence interpreting and handling data
- Ideas on how to compliment your story-telling with visual, audio, graphics
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match we'll get in touch to let you know next steps.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.