Project Associate – Environment Team, Bloomberg Philanthropies – Brussels
Posted Nov 8, 2019 - Requisition No. 79492
Bloomberg Philanthropies is a multi-billion-dollar operating foundation established by former New York City Mayor Mike Bloomberg, focused on ensuring better, longer lives for the greatest number of people. The foundation directs its support to five areas: the environment, public health, education, the arts and government innovation. The dynamic portfolio aims to achieve measurable, large scale advances for maximum impact.
Bloomberg Philanthropies’ Environment program brings together a wide range of partners, including cities, businesses, public health and environmental advocates, and citizen’s groups, to address some of the most serious threats to our environment, including climate change and overfishing. Left unchecked, carbon pollution causes long-term impacts on the global climate, including rising global temperatures, rising sea levels and extreme weather patterns, as well as health risks such as worsening smog and a range of respiratory illnesses. Overfishing poses risks to a vital food and economic resource for billions of people.
Bloomberg Philanthropies drives measurable, local action on climate and sustainability through our Sustainable Cities program, our Clean Energy program, our Vibrant Oceans Initiative, Sustainable Finance Initiative, and via Mike Bloomberg’s unique roles as the UN Secretary General’s Special Envoy for Climate Action and Chair of the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures.
The Project Associate will work in coordination with governments, non-profit organizations, private sector and philanthropy partners to support priorities across Bloomberg platforms and to help leverage Bloomberg investments to achieve the desired impact. You will provide project management and administrative support, research and analysis.
We'll trust you to:
- Monitor EU legislative proposals around the climate and energy landscape and preparing briefings on emerging trends, regulatory developments and partnership activities.
- Perform event planning in Bloomberg's Brussels office and coordination with Bloomberg Philanthropies EU activities to execute priority convenings
- Build relationships and including facilitating networks with EU institutions, trade associations, financial institutions representatives and not for profit organisations.
- Manage energy transition related activities in Europe across our related platforms including global/regional advocacy, data/research, and communications.
- Manage all aspects of our Philanthropies grants and/or contracts, as assigned by Bloomberg Philanthropies Environmental Program officer.
- Liaise and coordinate across departments and teams including Government Relations, Corporate Philanthropy and Bloomberg Philanthropies
You'll need to have:
- Solid understanding of Bloomberg and its services including environmental products and policies
- Good understanding of the EU landscape
- The highest standards of ethics and integrity, with a history of working that requires discretion and confidentiality
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationships building skills with current and potential partner organizations, senior-level officials, partners and influencers
- Ability to successfully coordinate and run projects and events with an outstanding focus on quality and project follow-through. Strong, independent work ethic
- Organizational skills including strong capacity to lead/coordinate simultaneous projects and successfully prioritize tasks with sound judgment within a collaborative and fast-paced organization
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a proven capacity to synthesize information and translate big ideas into actionable plans
- Collegial, 'team-mate' working style. Willingness to participate in both critical thinking and administrative tasks
- Strong overall computer skills especially Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.