Equities Reporter - Budapest
Posted Mar 14, 2019 - Requisition No. 74164
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organisations in the world. We lead the way in delivering scoops on companies, markets politics, and a lot more. We’re now hiring an equities reporter in Budapest to join our fast-paced bureau.
Our ideal candidate is someone who is well-sourced at Hungary’s biggest listed companies and has a keen interest in covering a range of industries, including banking, energy, telecom and pharmaceuticals. You will also help cover stocks and industries in other parts of Europe as well as a mix of stories in Hungary, including politics, monetary policy and the broader economy.
Our ideal candidate will have significant journalism experience, preferably in a real-time news environment, and will set a standard for filing fast and accurate copy.
We’ll trust you to:
- Break corporate news including via interviews with executives, fund managers and analysts
- Write enterprise and connect-the-dot stories
- Be a team player and collaborate with colleagues in Budapest and across the company
You'll need to have:
- A Bachelor's degree
- An ability to nurture sources and work across teams and platforms
- Proven news judgement and a strong sense of urgency
- Fluency in English and Hungarian
If this sounds like you:
Apply, and we'll get in touch and let you know what the next steps are. In the meantime, have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com.