Buy-side OMS Sales & Account Manager (AIM) - South Africa
Posted Aug 29, 2018 - Requisition No. 69106
Bloomberg AIM delivers global, multi-asset solutions for portfolio management, trading, compliance and operations for buy-side firms. AIM is used by more than 14,000 professionals in nearly 90 countries at over 800 client firms, including some of the largest asset managers, hedge funds, insurance companies, pension funds and government agencies.
Our goal is to offer the most scalable asset management technology in the market —one that allows AIM clients to grow assets on existing investments and to quickly expand into new asset classes, markets or investment styles without disruption.
What’s the role?
To support our fast growing AIM customer base in Africa & Middle East, we are looking for a passionate individual to fill in a hybrid role based in Cape Town/Johannesburg. You will join as an Account Manager for existing clients but have the rare opportunity of applying your skill set across account management, project management/implementations and sales working for Bloomberg, the market leading financial technology platform.
You’ll demonstrate credibility with a detailed knowledge of the buy-side community, have an understanding of the operational and trading activities of the buy-side, and have familiarity with the Portfolio Performance and Risk analytics/Buy-side Order management space.
We’ll trust you to:
- Partner with multiple internal business areas in order to ensure a seamless level of outstanding customer service
- Anticipate client needs, build strong relationships and adapt your approach in order to connect with people at all levels
- Run projects to help customers adapt to the workflow solutions that best meet their business needs
- Effectively manage the sales cycle from identifying opportunities to generating revenue
- Continue to develop your knowledge of platforms and markets to identify issues and help improve efficiencies
You’ll need to have:
- Experience in financial markets & technology, particularly buy side workflow, Order Management Systems or Electronic Trading Systems
- Experience of directly working for the buy side or with service providers to the buy side such as fund administrators, - Custodians or solution providers for Order Management, Compliance, Portfolio & Risk Analytics etc.
- Readiness to travel across Africa & Middle East to meet business needs Attention to detail and strong analytical skills to solve complex issues for clients
- Aptitude for deep understanding of client requirements, lead sales process and present Bloomberg solutions with co-ordination across multiple departments internally and client sites Ability to build and maintain solid client relationships at senior level
Experience in managing large enterprise engagements either managing accounts or implementations
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.