BINK Print IT Specialist
Posted Jun 9, 2022 - Requisition No. 104318
What is Bloomberg’s in-house print team all about?
BINK, Bloomberg LP’s global in-house print operation, offers offset, digital, wide-format printing, and fulfillment services. With print facilities located in New Jersey, London and Hong Kong, the operation serves over 17,000 customers in 192 global offices, producing over 47,000 print requests in one year. We liaise with other business departments to produce print materials. On a regular basis the team reviews and determines the best print and finishing processes; they anticipate and manage production challenges and communicate challenges to customers.
What’s the role:
We are looking for a qualified Print IT Specialist that will install/maintain printers computer systems and Print networks aiming for the highest functionality. You will also “train” users of the systems to make appropriate and safe usage of the Print infrastructure.
A successful Print IT Specialist must have a thorough knowledge of computer software and hardware and a variety of internet applications, networks and print operating systems. The ideal candidate will also have great troubleshooting abilities and attention to detail.
The goal is to build/maintain/updated/ efficient print systems and networks to optimize the role of technology on business sustainability.
We'll trust you to:
- An some understanding of print methodology
- Understand PDF file requirements as related to the printing request
- Troubleshoot technical problems with equipment/network/software
- Familiarity with Print software/Ripping Stations
- Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications
- Develop and maintain global print network in ways that optimize performance
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and network configurations.
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or debugging etc.)
- Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule
- Identify computer or network equipment shortages
- Foster an environment of teamwork and collaboration globally
You’ll need to have:
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite, Photoshop, illustrator, InDesign, Caldera, Onyx, Enfocus Switch, Fusion Pro and Avanti is a plus
- Proven experience as IT Technician or relevant position
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication ability
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- In depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
- Certification as IT Technician will be an advantage (e.g. CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional)
We'd love you to have:
- Experience in commercial printing field
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines with attention to detail and quality
- Tenacious and creative problem-solving skills
- Relationship Management Skills to liaise with operators