Data Retention Engineer - Development (Consultant)
Posted Feb 2, 2021 - Requisition No. 88636
Bloomberg’s Data Retention Team manages a complex Data backup, retention, and recovery system within our world class Data Center environments. The team’s mission is to ensure stability within Engineering by providing Data Retention, Recovery, and Archiving services for Bloomberg’s production systems.
What’s in it for you:
We'll trust you to automate operational processes. You’ll build infrastructure as code and automate away the toil. You will be involved in transforming the legacy infrastructure and processes into cutting edge self-service as well as providing dynamic transparency. You’ll help ensure daily backup activities are reliable throughout our enterprise infrastructure.
Who you are:
You are someone who has experience in automating repeatable processes. You have a proven track record of successfully integrating processes by building Infrastructure as code. You enjoy working with infrastructure with an eye on streamlining operations. You are a python expert that understands Github and CI/CD tools such as Jenkins.
We’ll trust you to:
- Assist in designing, developing, implementing and documenting tools to provide services to clients which will interface with our data retention operations
- Help build out a RESTful API using Swagger
- Understand and interact with RDBMS and NoSQL databases
You need to have:
- BS in Computer Science/Information technology or equivalent experience
- Experience with programming - Python preferred
- Knowledge of GitHub, APIs, and SDLC concepts
- Knowledge of UNIX, linux (all flavors), Windows
- Knowledge of HAProxy, gunicorn, and Flask. (Or equivalents)
- Working knowledge of JIRA concepts and processing
- Working knowledge of monitoring and reporting tools
We’d love to see:
- Knowledge of Veritas NetBackup software administration (Netbackup 8.x or higher)
- Worked with large scale tape hardware management as well as network storage (Netapp and Isilon)
- The ability to work independently and in a team environment under multiple deadlines
- The ability to quickly pick up new technologies and learn new software quickly
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.