HP Indigo Digital Press Operator
Posted Feb 26, 2019 - Requisition No. 73796
BINK, Bloomberg LP's global in-house print operation, offers offset, digital, wide-format printing and fulfillment services. With a staff of 32 and print facilities located in New Jersey, London and Hong Kong, the operation serves over 16,000 customers in 192 global offices, producing over 47,000 print requests in one year. We liaise with other business departments to produce print materials. On a regular basis the team reviews and resolves the best print and finishing processes; they anticipate and lead production challenges and communicate challenges to customers.
What's the role?
We are looking for an established HP Indigo Digital Press Operator to join our in-house print team. You have a trusted track record using HP Indigo presses and deep understanding of setting up equipment, running jobs, performing quality control and performing regular and preventative maintenance. You'll will use your past experience with material profiling and color management to produce printed materials on a variety of substrates. You're a perfectionist in checking specifications (including layouts) and quickly identify printing and material issues early to deliver results at the highest quality. You love to build relationships with colleagues and design teams. Your exceptional interpersonal skills, are able to make effective decisions, and you positively influence people. You should have a predisposition for all print production processes, specialty finishing techniques, and print substrates.
We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
We'll trust you to:
- Evaluate, troubleshoot and make decisions to fix production and equipment
- Monitor machine operation, and make adjustments as necessary to ensure proper operation.
- Multi-task print requests according to planned deadlines with attention to detail and quality
- Display confidence, emotional intelligence and decisiveness
- Champion an environment of teamwork and collaboration globally.
You’ll need to have:
- 5+ years’ experience on HP Indigo 7000 series
- Shared maintenance Level 2 certificate required for replacing parts.
- A comprehensive understanding of print planning methodology and all phases of print production
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Suite, Photoshop, illustrator, and InDesign
- Hands-on experience operating bindery and finishing equipment
- Expertise in basic production print shop environment and tools
- Great knowledge of artwork/computer file requirements as related to the print request.
- Ability to build partnerships with cross-functional teams and facilitate interactions
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and shift priorities quickly
We'd love to see:
- Experience in Wide format printing and finishing (Esko or Zund)
- Tenacity and creative problem solving skills
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match.
We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are. In the meantime learn more about our department here: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/blog/exactly-supply-chain/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.