Infrastructure Engineer - Engineering Support
Posted Sep 10, 2020 - Requisition No. 84963
Are you an individual who is excited to deep dive hard to solve problems? Do you like working in a team environment with highly skilled engineers? Do you often ask yourself “how can I prevent this problem?” Are you a person who enjoys identifying broken processes? If so, keep reading!
Our Data Centers have more than 20,000 servers and 1,000 core network devices with multi-vendor presence across all platforms. Our Operations Engineering Support team specializes in operationalizing repeatable tasks. On a day to day basis the team will identify trends, deep dive tough to solve problems and build out runbooks to prevent problems. As a team member you will be expected to work on a diverse set of technologies while identifying solutions to complex workflow. Customer service is paramount and we’ll be looking for you to have experience working with stakeholders to drive results.
We need you to have an immediate impact on building out runbooks to operationalize workflow for the 24 x 7 operations teams. You’ll need to have a diverse background in operations infrastructure. The ultimate goal here is to help improve operations and reduce toil. This team is not a Software development team but we’ll expect you to have familiarity with software development so you can interact appropriately with stakeholders.
We'll trust you to:
- Create a culture of knowledge sharing and customer service
- Troubleshoot complex problems and research trending hard-to-diagnose failures to large issues to prevent problems, tickets, work, toil, etc…
- Provide well thought out solutions to problems and streamline operations for 24x7 teams
- Market accomplishments through analytics and transparency
- Develop relationships and manage stakeholder expectations
- Identify new opportunities to better the organization as a whole
- Identify needs for training the 24x7 teams in Operations
- Be on call for escalations to major issues
- Identify where automation components are not working, or can be improved upon
- Help drive SRE and Engineering behavior by working with the SRE teams to define and improve operational process
You need to have:
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- The ability to influence others while gaining support for ideas, proposals, projects and solutions
- Experience utilizing Agile methodologies including Scrum and Kanban
- Standardizing operations across wide spread departments/companies
- 3+ years of experience in the infrastructure engineering field
- 3+ years experience with Unix (RHEL/Ubuntu, etc…)
- Experience working with Salt and Ansible for orchestration
- A working knowledge of SDLC and network components
- YAML and jupyter notebook experience
We’d love to see:
- Experience navigating large organizations with proven results
- Experience with automation around runbook and ticket enrichment
- Data Center knowledge and experience with supporting 24 x 7 Operations
- Programming experience in Python
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.