What we look for?
Our NJ location is looking for a Print Production Manager to work within our in-house print team. They have great interpersonal skills, are able to make effective decisions, and positively influence people. They have a predisposition for all print production processes, specialty finishing techniques, and print substrates. They are also responsible for managing the performance of bindery operators, digital press operators, offset operators, and wide format operators while meeting department goals. If this sounds like you, we want to talk to you!
We want a creative who is passionate in managing and organizing a multitude of print projects, enjoys working with others and is accomplished at anticipating and managing production challenges; strong knowledge of pre-press and post-production processes and digital, offset, and wide format equipment capabilities and substrates.
What is Bloomberg’s in-house print team all about?
BINK, Bloomberg LP’s global in-house print operation, offers offset, digital, wide-format printing and fulfillment services. With a staff of 32 and print facilities located in New Jersey, London and Hong Kong, the operation serves over 19,000 customers in 192 global offices, producing over 47,000 print requests in one year. We liaise with other business departments to produce print materials. On a regular basis the team reviews and determines the best print and finishing processes; they anticipate and manage production challenges and communicate challenges to customers.
We'll trust you to:
- Lead by example in advocating the importance of platinum customer service to our internal clients, and guide the team accordingly
- Supervise activities of all pressroom activities
- Manage performance of bindery, digital, wide format, and offset operators
- Create project schedules for prepress, print team, and shipping team
- Coordinates pressroom with other teams such as customer service, scheduling, pre-press, and shipping.
- Foster an environment of teamwork and collaboration globally
- Strengthen existing partnerships and build new ones with stakeholders to and from other departments to add value to the business
- Multi-task, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines with attention to detail and quality
- Traffic projects through production and approval processes
- Understand digital, offset, and wide format equipment capabilities
- Collect, report and evaluate productivity to manager and initiate any needed improvements.
- Display confidence, emotional intelligence and decisiveness
- Negotiate, organize, schedule, and budget for a multitude of projects
- Evaluate, troubleshoot and make decisions to solve customer inquiries and production challenges
You'll need to have:
- 7+ years of relevant management experience, most preferably in managing digital, offset, and wide format print projects
- Project management skills, including scheduling, milestone tracking verification, project status reporting
- Excellent communication skills
- Tenacious and creative problem solving skills
- Relationship Management Skills to liaise with our teams
- Extraordinary customer service skills and ability to develop and maintain solid client relationships
- Print project management software experience
- Knowledge of FSC procedures and audits
- Extensive people management (talent management, performance management) experience
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps