Events Executive Producer (Contract) - Doha
Posted Nov 4, 2022 - Requisition No. 111248
You’re an accomplished project manager and event producer with the ability to knit together a variety of disciplines to create something dynamic, unique and powerful. You are excited by the idea of helping a team of people conceptualize and execute events globally for Bloomberg Live. You are the driver of team progress and productivity, an innovator, and a team player.
This role is to be the Executive Producer for Bloomberg Live’s Qatar Economic Forum event, which happens annually in Doha, Qatar. You will co-own the relationship with our sponsoring client partners, and work closely with discipline leads across editorial, audience, marketing, creative, government relations, communications, event planning & production, sales, and other Bloomberg entities as involved to drive the entire event effort forward.
You’ll be a primary point of contact for the client and all internal team members, and responsible for all strategic and project management aspects of driving the team forward to execute a successful event or series of events.
This role is based in Doha, Qatar; open to candidates based in Dubai willing to travel and do extended stays in Doha as needed. Required to be in office 3 days per week, with flexibility to work remote 2 days or as needed for site visits, client meetings, events and other travel.
We'll trust you to:
- Understand the client’s business, objectives and success metrics, and build a strong, consultative and positive relationship with client stakeholders
- Take primary ownership of the success of the event, strategically organizing and leading the disciplines creating and collaborating on the event:
- Strategic mapping of each disciplines requirements and steps to execution, and, most importantly, the contingencies across the disciplines
- Create and manage project plan and detailed timelines, ensuring on time delivery both on the Bloomberg side and the client side, and constantly adjusting the plan to reflect the changing nature of production
- Manage overall Forum budget and staffing plans, taking ownership for on-budget delivery and tracking and documenting of overages and approvals
- In some cases, manage vendors, contractors and other hires: paperwork, invoicing, tracking, scopes
- Initiate, own and run client status meetings, presentations and other work sessions as needed to accomplish objectives
- Run internal team meetings and resource manage to drive appropriate collaboration but also efficiency and actionable decision-making
- Set up systems and processes, and organize files for smooth working days, and archiving
- Contribute to post event reports and case study, consolidating information from across the team.
- Work as the primary business stakeholder for the Global Event Team. The Global Event Team will partner with you and be directly responsible for financial management of some portions of the Forum (venue and production companies budget, payments, reconciliation, reporting), vendor negotiations, production and all execution and operational excellence
You'll need to have:
- Minimum 10-15 years demonstrated experience in event project managing, planning and/or producing large, complex events; experience with global forums and government delegations a plus (or equivalent)
- Knowledge of the Middle East region, government and business required
- Confidence, experience and wisdom to strike that balance of being open-minded, solution-oriented and collaborative, while also maintaining boundaries, pushing back and taking strong stance when needed, and effectively managing or flagging scope creep
- A talent for “figuring it out” - taking initiative and ownership of the big picture and the deliverables, and creating a path forward where there isn’t one mapped out
- Creativity and innovation in all formats and concepts
- High EQ and effective collaboration skills to work across disciplines and skill sets
- Extremely detail-oriented, with strong interpersonal skills and the enthusiasm and ability to inspire a team
- Adept at using Google Drive, Docs, Sheets and Slides (as well as Word, Excel and PPT counterparts); ability to create presentations or direct their creation as needed
Strong executive presence to interface with clients daily, including C-Suite, ministers and other senior and influential stakeholders
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com